Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuffed Pork Loin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuffed Pork Loin

It’s on the Hasty-Bake right now. About 5 lbs of pork loin, a box of stove top (yeah, I cheated), and a nice paste of herbs .... cumin, thyme, basil, oregano, garlic powder, black pepper .... mixed with some olive oil and then spread onto the pork loin.

First, I dry brined for about four hours. Made the stuffing and let it cool while the meat was brining. Cut the loin almost all the way through, leaving just enough meat to be a hinge, so to speak. Stuffed it with the stuffing, then tied off every 1 1/2 inches, give or take.

Fired up the Hasty-Bake and got the smoke rolling .... using some of @Huskee’s mulberry for smoke. Running the HB about 235 or so right now. Have a fall like quinoa side dish ... quinoa, grape tomatoes, zucchini, cucumber, olive oil, vinegar and a fall salad ... lettuce, Granny Smith apple, zucchini, crookneck squash

Now for that loin to get done cooking!

Seemed like a great choice for the end of summer, beginning of fall. The weather has definitely turned here in Western WA

Click image for larger version

Name:	272705D4-EC20-4C34-A10A-1A89EF95B3ED.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	569198Click image for larger version

Name:	BEF87E67-F0CE-4915-B625-7D4BF43EDCC6.jpeg
Views:	141
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	569197Click image for larger version

Name:	DA10B751-7944-41EB-973C-8B44EE6A267B.jpeg
Views:	157
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	569196

Why'd ya have to tie it?

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      My favorite silly moderator!

Almost done .... and here’s the quinoa and the green salad!

Name:	63E5D1A8-4939-4849-AD53-2E67E888FB68.jpeg
Views:	144
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	569214Click image for larger version

Name:	673414E0-B560-489E-B015-CBE35B0DDD1E.jpeg
Views:	155
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	569215Click image for larger version

Name:	45CA6124-FBD4-46B0-9937-1EF98A67354D.jpeg
Views:	134
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	569216

Comment

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent work!

This is why I hang out here...Nicely done.

Comment

Nice looking pork----sides too!

Comment

Great meal!!!!

Comment

And the final feast layout

Name:	70DA1758-BE60-4EE1-BC73-B1B78425F41B.jpeg
Views:	130
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	569249Click image for larger version

Name:	EF44A4D7-D777-48BD-B0B1-C2AC73C9212B.jpeg
Views:	154
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	569248Click image for larger version

Name:	AB7916CB-619E-4199-85ED-A94DB043A137.jpeg
Views:	128
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	569250

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
            Elton's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks really good brother!

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            That pork looks soo tasty!

Ooooooh.....pork loin, the bake potato of the meat world.

Comment

• JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            So, just like a hotdog at a cookout where there's burgers, it can be a side? I like it!

Man that is some comfort food! Now that fall is here, I feel like this dish is something we all need to make.

Great looking cook, my friend!

Comment

Nailed it! Nicely done.

Comment

Fantastic ecowper !!! That sucker aint stuffed, it’s mega over stuffed !!! Rolled pork rules !!
              Last edited by Jerod Broussard; September 22, 2018, 12:05 PM. Reason: separated the !!!! from the username since his username is not ecowper!!! but rather ecowper !!! :)

Comment

Great looking cook, tis the season for fall cookin. Weather changed here to we’re in the forties here, this morn.

Comment

A Pan full of Pork Pacman <…….

Comment

Looks great brother. I can see that being done pinwheel style as well. Very nice.

Comment

Recently I’ve been making an effort to make my own stock. Then I was like, "now what do I DO with it". So I’ve been making sauces. The Bourbon Pepper Cream sauce would go beautifully on that. See, I’m working totally backwards. Now I’ve got to make your stuffed pork loin. Looks fantastic!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here