Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork tenderloin suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork tenderloin suggestions

Ok I just bought two pork tenderloin and have been searching on here for ideas without much success.

Can you guys recommend something?

Possible thinking about tying them both together and using the rotisserie.

I Dry brine then rub both pieces tie to geather kettle grill indirect 225 internal 150 sauce on side

Comment

Cook them seperately. I always reverse sear. Low and slow 225 to 250 to about 125-130 IT then sear to 140 IT. Pork tenderloin is awesome this way. Like Fire Art says dry brine ahead of time as well. Try a fruit wood such as apple or cherry.

Comment

I love pork tenderloin but want to make sure you have that and not just regular pork loin....

A couple easy but very tasty things I do is:

1. (This is my favorite) Dry brine with kosher salt, sprinkle some coarse ground pepper, and crushed dried rosemary. Put it on the grill around 325-350... if the muscle is triangle shaped I turn it and let it cook on all three sides.... simple but also allows the flavor of the meat to come through.

or

2. Hit it with a dry brine again and then use a rib rub.... put on the grill and towards then end Sauce it with peach or apple butter bbq sauce...

3. You could also slice and wrap the slice in bacon like a filet and do some medallions....

Comment

To me pork tenderloin is lacking in flavor. I like to open them up and stuff them with some aromatics, tie them back up then bacon wrap. They do well either smoked or on the rotisserie to an internal of 140.

Comment

I Sous Vide them and flame thrower sear

Comment

Check the Food Network recipe database for Alton Brown’s "grilled pork tenderloin".

Very simple and very good.

Comment

Hands down my favorite pork tenderloin recipe, I grill the pork instead of searing on a pan and oven and oven finish.

Comment

I’m with OSB on this one.

Comment

Ok thanks people.
                    Great advise. I like how fast we get answers on here.

Now I know where to start.

Comment

Here's the sear I shoot for and a cut...around 140 IT. I like an herb rub.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5929.jpg
Views:	1237
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	516901

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5408.jpg
Views:	1243
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	516900

Comment

• Joetee
                        Joetee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That looks awesome. Thank you

• fuzzydaddy
                        fuzzydaddy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Joetee thanks and you're welcome. Smithfield (purchased at Sam's Club) always have 2 package sections and each of those have 2 tenderloins, for 4 total.

Well my cook came out wonderful.
                      Dry brined. Seasoned with Memphis dust. Grill temp 225 ° until IT was about 140°. Then I seared it pretty good.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Joetee that looks stupendous .... I haven’t cooked pork tenderloin or pork loin in a long time .... reminded me that I need to.

Comment

Originally posted by ecowper View Post
                          Joetee that looks stupendous .... I haven’t cooked pork tenderloin or pork loin in a long time .... reminded me that I need to.
                          Thank you kind sir

Comment

Stuff one with cheve and sliced jalapeno then wrap n bacon and smoke it with maple wood.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here