Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salt time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salt time

I was preparing to smoke some ribs and had pre-salted them the night before using Meatheads recipe with kosher salt. The morning of the smoke, my guests informed me that they couldn't make it over. The ribs have now been sitting with salt in the fridge for 3 days. They smell ok, but how will they turn out now if I smoke them? Concerned that they might be dry and chewy now. Should i chuck the out and start ftom scratch with fresh ribs? Any advice?

They should be just fine, I'd cook them with no reservations (They already stood you up anyways).
    Last edited by CaptainMike; May 20, 2018, 01:48 PM.

Comment

No worries, go ahead and smoke them.

Comment

I find if I leave the salt on too long on pork, all it does is give the pork more of a hammy flavor

Comment

Thanks for the responses!

Comment

Next time consider this. No guests = more for you

Comment

Smoke em, if ya got em!

Comment

Let us know how they come out!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to the pit. Awaiting pics!

Comment

Will do. Big day tomorrow, ribs, baked beans and corn bread! Can't wait!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here