Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally smoking something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally smoking something

well it’s been awhile since I’ve had time to cook much. So I’m making time today to smoke a couple slabs of pork ribs. I bought these this morning so I didn’t have time to dry brine but oh well I’m sure the family will enjoy anyway.
    i bought some nice looking spares although one rack was a little thin but had some good looking meat on it. I added some Blues hog rub, thanks to my Santa this year.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	26EB6C48-702C-48AA-8C9F-F24B060840B1.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	502480
    So the Weber is sitting at 230 and we’re off to a good start.

Name:	66D8B44A-199C-44EB-A91D-2DDAE8526FC3.jpeg
Views:	83
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	502481
    Yea, I threw some sausages on for lunch..Ha. My son made those at the university meat shop...he said they should be pretty spicy and he added some cheddar. He knows what dad likes!!!

nice racks! hope to see the finished product!

Comment

Nice. Been working so much the last five weeks I've done nothing but.........work.

Comment

I know the feeling .... I pretty much hadn’t cooked anything outside from Christmas until just a couple weeks ago ..... those ribs are looking good, though

Comment

Potatoes went in about 45 mins ago. Click image for larger version

Name:	872E22D4-32FB-4028-AB7D-F9678B769167.jpeg
Views:	82
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	502652

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

That blues hog rub gave these a really dark bark. I smoked these with hickory and kept it rolling the entire cook. Then glazed with blues hog sauce. Gave them a tad too much smoke IMO but still very good. When I cut into them I didn’t have high hopes because they seemed a little tough when cutting. Holy cow the tenderness was spot on for me. The meat was perfect, I didn’t wrap these and let them go right at 230 for 5 hours. No spritzing and didn’t sauce until the last 30 mins.

Name:	629F9271-074D-4FD4-9A55-4DDD61E3A4F8.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	502738
              Now the potatoes turned out GREAT!! The only thing i would do different is par cook them first so they don’t take as long to finish. I just coated them with olive oil then added some rosemary, thyme and a a few pats of butter, when they were done I gave them a few dashes of parmigiana cheese.

Name:	354F46C7-B17C-4597-BFBF-7EEC17EFE9DD.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	502739

Comment

Looks great! Those ribs sure look tasty!

Comment

Looks Great!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here