Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modified Gibson’s Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modified Gibson’s Ribs

Yesterday I cooked some back ribs using a modification of Chris Lilly’s ribs from Big Bob Gibson’s BBQ. I used their rub, I used Franklin’s Espresso BBQ Sauce instead of Lilly’s sauce, and I didn’t wrap the ribs (I never do).

The rub is spicier than I expected, might dial back the cayenne next time. Other than that, turned out great!

Click image for larger version

Name:	6823E4C6-6613-494D-A714-A91D29207900.jpeg
Views:	139
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	495409

Name:	85548578-BC6E-4F4E-853C-E75FD80722D9.jpeg
Views:	129
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	495414

Name:	5BAAAAA9-3DAD-474D-8EAC-E15FB6570377.jpeg
Views:	131
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	495412

Name:	58B8B809-F6EA-4F7A-A2CA-4B9AE92988BD.jpeg
Views:	131
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	495411

Name:	FA06A782-F893-48F9-934B-156DDBF5A9E9.jpeg
Views:	120
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	495413

Name:	FE346576-F319-481A-BF38-9F5A9F0C483A.jpeg
Views:	127
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	495415

Name:	4CF68448-1DD8-4E6F-AB23-203687273CD1.jpeg
Views:	124
Size:	281.2 KB
ID:	495410

Them ribs are lookin Pork-a-licious, Brother!

Comment

I feel like chicken tonight!

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Hah!

Wow those look great.

Comment

Looks like a Jersey giant wandering around

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          The smaller one is a Chinese Silky and the larger is a Black Copper Maran

Ya got my mouth waterin'.

Comment

Looks delicious!!

Comment

Betcha those chickens were a lil worried and relieved at the same time when they saw ya playing with the grill. Those ribs look mighty good

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              I always point out that if they don’t behave, they can join their cousin on the grill

Looking good! When are the chickens on the menu?

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Hahaha, it is a running joke with my father......he's got all kinds of chickens running around his place. I always tell him I am gonna throw on in the smoker. LOL EdF

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              I used to make the same joke with my wife - then I realized maybe it was not so funny for her.

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              pretty sure my wife and daughters would be very unhappy with me for grilling the chickens

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here