Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Butt on the Sns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butt on the Sns

I got up at 6 and out a nice 8lber on the kettle/SNS. 2 hrs in IT 115 and smoker is dead on 250. Ive alotted 12 hrs so hopefully at 250ish hopefully it is done with time to spare.
    I used MMD and have some apple and hickory chunks in there. Got my DNG catching drips. Will throw some beans in later under the butt.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171021_060331.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.82 MB ID:	398713
    Attached Files
    Last edited by droopie69; October 21, 2017, 07:16 AM.

Nice! Pork butts are so good! You'll be fine, good setup and plenty of time. Keep us posted on the progress!

Comment

• droopie69
      droopie69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I don't even think I've done a butt on the SNS yet. I never did beef in the e-smoker and all I've done on the SNS since I got it was ribs, brisket and chuck roasts. It's a wonder the Pork Police haven't issued a warrant for my arrest. I am certain that in the Mid-South smoking meat other than Pork is a crime. lol

Waitin' on the finished pics.

Comment

• droopie69
      droopie69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Me TOO! I hope I remember to take them. I usually get some excited to eat it, I forget all about the pics. I look like the Tasmanian devil shredding it up, then I eat and fall asleep!!

Lookin good!

Comment

Good plans, controls, and pictures so far!

Comment

All is well on the western front. The SNS is locked into 250. It's been as low as 239 and as high as 257. It's almost as easy as my Masterbilt analog E smoker, but with real wood smoke! I would post a progress pic, but I don't want to disturb the pig from his smoke nap.

Comment

Looking good....

Comment

Looking good so far

Comment

My dad cooks his butts with a SnS or a smokenator and they are REALLY good. Our family is divided on whose is better, his or mine that I use a cabenant style verticle smoker to make. Ill tell you a secret... I like his better. Tell anyone I said that and Ill call you a liar.

Comment

• droopie69
                droopie69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Your secret is safe!

• texastweeter
                texastweeter commented
                Editing a comment
                one problem... he is a member here at the pit. thank God he doesn't come here much.

Looking good so far

Comment

Just wrapped it at 201...the probe would hardly stay in it was tender. So in the cooler it goes for about 1.5 hrs before my guests get here. I had a pan of beans under it...OM Tasty!

Comment

Sounds like the plan is falling in place

Comment

I think you just slipped under the Pork Police radar! You now have your permit ...smoke on!

Comment

Sounds like you did a Great job

Comment

Sounds like it worked! How did it taste?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here