Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Butt on the Sns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deaf Arty
    commented on 's reply
    Yeahhh! Smoked chuckle makes killer chili. Enjoy.

• DWCowles
    replied
    Thanks for making me hungry.

Leave a comment:

• kmhfive
    commented on 's reply
    Wonderful!

• droopie69
    replied
    Next Sat. I am going to smoke a chuck and take some of it, cube it up and make chili!!!

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Niiiiice!

• droopie69
    replied
    Pictures are worth 1000 words. It was fall apart tender and easy to pull. Lots of good flavor and just devoured. SNS delivers again. About the only thing that was different today, was it ran thru the KBB. I had to add charcoal twice...I mean I didn't fill it up, but I guess from running it at 250 instead of 225, it used more charcoal. No biggie with the hinged grates. I just tossed in a half chimney of KBB at about 8.5 hrs but that wasn't quite enough. But the SNS is so almost idiot proof. At 8.5 hrs I was watching them temp, and it started SLOWLY dropping. 250...then 245...235...225. I went out and popped the top and there might have been 3 coals still in the SNS....I was amazed it kept temp AND completely burned the charcoal. When I dumped some more in, I had to hit it with my instant torch to get them going, but it was overall a piece o cake. Speaking of which, our guest brought a homemade chocolate cake for dessert. We feasted last night!!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171021_182328.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.40 MB ID:	399339Click image for larger version  Name:	20171021_183435.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.38 MB ID:	399340
    Last edited by droopie69; October 22, 2017, 09:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kmhfive
    replied
    Sounds like it worked! How did it taste?

Leave a comment:

• BigJoe
    replied
    Sounds like you did a Great job

Leave a comment:

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    one problem... he is a member here at the pit. thank God he doesn't come here much.

• jecucolo
    replied
    I think you just slipped under the Pork Police radar! You now have your permit ...smoke on!

Leave a comment:

• droopie69
    commented on 's reply
    Your secret is safe!

• DWCowles
    replied
    Sounds like the plan is falling in place

Leave a comment:

• droopie69
    replied
    Just wrapped it at 201...the probe would hardly stay in it was tender. So in the cooler it goes for about 1.5 hrs before my guests get here. I had a pan of beans under it...OM Tasty!

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    Looking good so far

Leave a comment:

• texastweeter
    replied
    My dad cooks his butts with a SnS or a smokenator and they are REALLY good. Our family is divided on whose is better, his or mine that I use a cabenant style verticle smoker to make. Ill tell you a secret... I like his better. Tell anyone I said that and Ill call you a liar.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here