Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilled Pork Tenderloin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilled Pork Tenderloin

Hey all,
    ​

Here is my pics from a cook I did tonight of pork tenderloin. It was a reverse sear, with a glaze added at the end. I did it on my Weber Genesis gas grill and hickory smoke via a smoke tube. The rub was a recipe I found on line for Killer Hogs Rub. The glaze was a soy/balsamic recipe. I can provide URLs to these if anyone is interested. The pork was cooked at ~230 degrees, indirect with only 1 burner on the grill and a water pan over the hot side. It cooked for 37 minutes until the tenderloins reached 130 internal temp. Then I removed them temporarily and heated up the grill, all burners on. I did an 8 minute sear turning the meat every minute. That was followed by applying the glaze and turning off the burners on the grill and letting the glaze set for ~5 minutes.

We feasted!

Nice cook Stevo

Comment

Nice cook!

Comment

Proving once again that, properly used, gassers are not second class citizens of the BBQverse. Nicely done!

Comment

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          Seems those of us with Weber Genesis grills feel like we are full members of the society as we impress others with "and I did it on my gasser."

Well done.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

you look like you have too much food. let me do you a favor and take some of that off your hands. you owe me one

Comment

• Stevo
              Stevo commented
              Editing a comment
              left overs for my lunch at work! I couldn't see cooking just one whimpy pork tenderloin...

Thanks everyone.

I use my Weber gas grill for quicker / smaller cooks, vs hauling out the offset. Chickens, fish, steaks, tenderloins, etc... The offset gets pork butt, brisket, beef/pork ribs!

This was my first use of Genesis as an indirect cooker, and my first reverse sear. I found that even with just one burner (of a total of 3), it still wanted to sit around 250. I had previously tried running each burner alone, but forgot which one produced the least heat. I think I accidentally used the wrong one, but I went with it. When I added the water pan above the lit burner, it settled right in at 225-230 and worked great.

The reverse sear worked good too: I removed the loins at 130 internal, then seared them up to 141. I then added the glaze and heated it for 5 minutes with the burners off. This resulted in the meat being a little past where I wanted it. But it was still juicy and great.

I didn't taste a lot of smoke, but I did smell the smoke on the meat (ie it had a nice hickory nose . But perhaps the glaze and rub were too much to allow the smoke flavor to shine through, or maybe the smoke tube wasn't enough, or the cook is too quick for serious smoke flavor?

Stevo

Comment

GREAT technique. It won't pick up a lot of smoke in 37 mins, but the undertone aroma should be good enuf to add a layer of interest. Only you can answer the questions, so try and try again!

Comment

Steve - that's one of the finer cooks I've seen in a long time. I'd love a seat at your table when you serve food like that! Kudos and congrats on a beautiful cook.

Comment

That's just an outstanding pork loin. Hard to argue with that!

Comment

WOW. That's awesome. I've never reversed seared but your post is convincing.

Comment

Looks wonderful! It's a unique idea to reverse sear a pork tenderloin. Good job!

Comment

Looks like a job well done sir.

Comment

Very Pretty! Keep it going

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here