Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone done Pork Wings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone done Pork Wings?

Seems these are getting popular, a local place several friends go to said they tried them and were some of the best things they have had. All I know about them is that they are pork shanks.
    Anyone doing these? Seems like a butcher only item.

Never heard of 'em.

I did see boneless chicken wings somewhere, underneath it said they were made from 100% breast meat.

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      chicken nuggets tossed in sauce

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      Boneless wings are a pet peeve of mine. Any dude who orders these should be required to surrender his man card on the spot.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Chicken nuggets are usually a compressed slurry of chicken scraps.

Here's a pic

Click image for larger version

Name:	OZeoN4hAJwdeWR-640m.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	13237

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      Sent a pic of this to my pork supplier. On my list of things to try.

• Fire Art
      Fire Art commented
      Editing a comment
      They look good Enough to eat

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm... now we're talking.

New one for me. They look goooood though.

Comment

I wouldn't turn that away if it were set in front of me.

Comment

mmmmmmmmmm where do we find these bad boys??? i will be interested to see the outcome of this thred!!!

Comment

I did find a video, gonna find some and make them this weekend or make a trip to the restaurant and report back, Not something I would have thought to cook, but I bet they are dirt cheap.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if they are boneless country pork shoulder ribs. We have those fairly often.

Comment

They are bone-in shanks and they are dang good! I have done them on a couple occasions but are pretty expensive when I can find them. Perfect game day food. Highly recommended!

Comment

I will try them....when pigs fly

Comment

• ontheranch
                  ontheranch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  my thots exactly

Originally posted by fracmeister View Post
                I will try them....when pigs fly
                Nice one

Comment

Reminds me of "pork knuckle." I was traveling through eastern europe earlier this year, and kept seeing "pork knuckle" on a bunch of menus. I finally ordered one, and it was just a little smaller than my head.

Comment

Well I checked the 5 places to get meat around here and none of them can get them, one butcher shop said they thought they would have some soon, but the rest said they couldn't even order it.
                    I guess for now I will just have to try them at a restaurant.

Comment

​I'm sure these are fun but I'm going for the whole hock.

Looks like Smithfield retailers can get em.

http://www.smithfieldfoodservice.com...ts/pork-wings/

Last edited by Jon Solberg; September 9, 2014, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Pork Oso Buco any one would be perfect low and slow but wings?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here