Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Secret Supposedly Original Anchor Bar Buffalo Wing Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinaker
    replied
    Thanks a lot for sharing this! I think we can all benefit from a good Wing sauce.

I think I am going to add ghee instead of margarine. That should add some richness to it to the sauce too.

Leave a comment:

• Texas Larry
    replied
    jfmorris Thanks for sharing your secret!

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Post the recipe, if you would. It would be great to see that! HouseHomey

• JimLinebarger
    replied
    Thank you, sir. Needed a good sauce.

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    jfmorris Spinaker Santamarina I’m doing wings this weekend (Monday or tuesday) and they are hot, red and some sweet. Making them for my Korean neighbor, does that count? I owe her and her moms kim chi is bomb!! Wings on my mind now!

• Santamarina
    commented on 's reply
    We’ve been doing wings in the Big Boss air fryer lately. They come out nice an crispy - like frying - but without all the oil. Definitely better for the heart!

• Santamarina
    commented on 's reply
    I always toss my sauce - whether frying, baking, or grilling. They come off the cooker and get tossed in the sauce of the day!

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    +1 on the Korean Wings. jfmorris

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    HouseHomey I thought it was funny about "how bad can it be". I agree with you that just about any wings are up my alley... grilled is probably on the menu more than fried now, for health reasons. I love love love me some Nashville hot wings... the hotter the better, and some Korean wings, but gotta lay off the battering and frying for a bit...

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    jfmorris I’m sure it’s fantastic.

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the vote of confidence!

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    It's certainly not a thick sauce like BBQ sauce, but delicious to either toss the wings on, or just brush it on during the last few minutes of cooking. I toss if frying, and brush on if grilling. With Grillgrates on the grill, it sizzles and vaporizes on the grate and if nothing else, gives off a nice flavorful aroma! I like to think it adds to the wing flavor too though!

• JGrana
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed! Duffs for example. I moved to Rochester NY, an hour to the east. Great wings here as well - if anyone is ever in Rochester, seek out the Distillery - lots of beers on tap and great Buffalo style wings!

• HouseHomey
    replied
    It’s has wings. How bad can it be?😃

Leave a comment:

• Sweaty Paul
    replied
    Just made my mouth water thinking about it.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here