Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second Annual “Mr. Bones, These Bones Are For You” Memorial Cook; March 24-26, 2023

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in, if I can afford, and WBM lets me purchase some bones...

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope you’re other half gives you the OK. It’s gonna be a fun weekend.

Bumping up this post to get some more peeps to see it and hopefully join in on this special occasion. If I counted right we’re up to 56 people now. Would love to see 80-100 by the weekend of the 24th.
    Lets go folks. 💪💪💪

Comment

See this is why reading is required. Even though the title of the thread clearly states March 24-26, I had it in my scattered brain the it was this weekend. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to cook the ribs that are brining right now, then cook more in a couple weeks

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        klflowers don’t feel bad. I ordered product to pick up on the 15th. I was off a week. We’ll make it work!

• Alan Brice
        Alan Brice commented
        Editing a comment
        S'all Good! I have beef ribs in the hot tub, and plan on doing BB's in two weeks.
        I'll just wait to post all the pics! Missin' yer purty face Bonesy!!!

Just a friendly reminder for everyone. We're 2 weeks away from Mr. Bones Memorial cook.

Hopefully we can get a few more to participate in this tribute to a very special person.

Looking forward to an exciting weekend.

Comment

I'm definitely gonna pull some ribs out of the freezer next weekend in honor of my cousin from a different branch of the Morris family tree.

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Excellent Jim. Glad you are jumping on the bandwagon.

Weather permitting, I'm going to try. I thought I was traveling that weekend, but I'm not and I haven't done ribs in a long time. Malcom Reed just did a video of ribs done with his country sausage seasoning which has piqued my interest.

Comment

• RichieB
          RichieB commented
          Editing a comment
          I saw that too. It's a pass for me.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          If you're feeling adventurous- do ribs and/or chicken with Meathead's Big Bad Beef Rub. Woo-wee, talking about Cajun!

Well, this weekend some long time friends are coming out on Saturday. It's been pre-C%$&# since we have gotten together. It's always here because I "Q" and most of them eat it. I'm doing 2 racks of St. Louis Ribs on the PBJ and Wings of a variety on the Kettle with Vortex. I'll add my Reverse Jalapeno Dip. My wife will do a turkey breast to satisfy those who are not into "Q". Why am I telling to this? It will be my precursor to the Memorial. For the actual cook, I will divert to some other type of rib of the beef kind. I certainly will be thinking of Mr. Bones while cooking these up.

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Great minds think alike. I made blasphemy ribs yesterday as a "warm up" for the Bonsey memorial cook in 2 weeks.

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like a great plan to me.

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Ooohhhh…. I have two slabs of Dino ribs in the deep freeze… may do those instead… thanks for the inspiration.

Im in.
        Practice.
        Did these Saturday with 4 pork butts.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1478.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	1391159

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Like they say. Practice makes perfect. And it looks like you’ve been practicing. Very nice.

I had to do my cook today because.. I have to do some forceprotection again..
        So i will be on an off in between 24th march to 31st..
        I will post pic's at the designated weekend..
        I'm doing military stuff..
        Last edited by Elton's BBQ; March 20, 2023, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Any way you guys can take a side trip to Moscow?

• Elton's BBQ
          Elton's BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Hopefully Panhead John there will be an internal settlement in Russia... In any way, shape or form etc..

• Alan Brice
          Alan Brice commented
          Editing a comment
          Above all, watch yer top knot n keep yer powder dry.

ITS FINALLY HERE!!! 😃 Or here enough to start checking the forecast and making plans anyway! Looking like it’s going to be Saturday for me, as Friday and Sunday are supposed to be rainy and crappy here in KC.

As for planning, I THOUGHT I had a plan in place… but was walking through one of my favorite stores today, did a double take in the meat section and WHAT WAS THAT I SAW??? 😳 Was like a bolt right out of the blue - could damn near hear the old man shouting at me “THAZZIT!!! THAZZIT​ RITE THAR!!! Cook THAT!!!”

Who am I to argue? 🤣🤣🤣 If that’s what Bonesy wants, then by God that’s what Bonesy gets! 👍

Cant wait to show you all. Stay tuned… 😈

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          You could at least show a little enthusiasm……😉 Saturday for me too, for the same weather reasons.

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Well I guess you have a plan. 🤔 Excited to see what you got up your sleeve.

I was planning on Saturday but it’s supposed to rain all day. So Sunday it is for me.

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          gdsim1 tease

I’ve been on the shopping/cooking DL with foot surgery. Hoping to be released in time for this special weekend event. Gotta get some bones.

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Hopping you are up to it.

Did I just say that 🤦🏼😂😂

• Texas Larry
          Texas Larry commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes you did, Steve B !🤣🤣

Got my 4 racks o' St Louis wibs thawing for a Friday smoke. We have guests coming over to help us enjoy them so I hope I don't mess up.

I'm fortunate as of now that Fri is our only non-rain day. Usually every time I have scheduled to run Ye Ole Yoder it's a terrible day, including last Fri. We'll see...

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Excellent Aaron.

I gotta do the spring burn-off in the BGE, and can’t lift over 10lbs until Friday (meaning, that bag of lump). So, Friday for the burn-off. Then it’s going to rain Saturday. So, I’m going to do ribs on Sunday. At least I think it will be ribs. We will see.

Comment

• Alan Brice
          Alan Brice commented
          Editing a comment
          I have incorporated a plastic animal feed scoop n just gently shovel out what need. Tip the bag n fill the scoop to avoid crunching into it and ending up with a bag o powder at the end.

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm in the same boat as you with the rain deal. Cook on Sunday

Rain may clearout Sunday. Doin, beefy wibs, porky wibs n boidy wibs. Couldn't pass on a whole Amish Heritage for appx. dola a pound. I understand all the rain, A few tears will be shed. GB bonesy.

Comment

Calling for rain here for Friday and Saturday.
          Have a previous commitment for Sunday, so as long as it ain't too windy, I'll throw up the canopy and do something on Saturday. I have an idea of what I want to do, but plans are subject to change....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here