Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNPOPULAR OPINIONS, Thanksgiving edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrrr
    commented on 's reply
    WillTravelForFood Now that I could get behind but that's not an option here. My wife gets mad at me for ripping on it and pointing those things out so I have to keep busy elsewhere in the house because if I can hear it I can't stop myself

• WillTravelForFood
    commented on 's reply
    The parade is more fun when the production is openly mocked. Don’t make fun of the performances themselves, but the horrible camera work, the lip syncing, bad editing choices…. Hate-watching the parade is a favorite holiday tradition

• Michael_in_TX
    replied
    I'm also in the not-really-into-ham camp. I mean, I have had some really good ham, but it is just not my thing. I'm not sure why, either. I like bacon and other cured meats, but that "hammy" flavor isn't something I want more than a few bites of.

Leave a comment:

• Andrrr
    replied
    The Macy’s Thanksgiving parade, more specifically the announcers, make me want to rip my eyes and ears off. I think you get that job after you’ve graduated from announcing the National Paint Drying Championship

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    A piece of white bread on a plate rolled with as but of crumbled leftover dressing, then dark meat turkey smothered in hot gravy. Eat with a fork. This is Nirvana!

• RichieB
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Panhead John. Now excuse me while I go puke.

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    MBMorgan Smoked camel tongue makes a great side dish, topped with a little Miracle Whip!

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Or squirrel mebbee.

• treesmacker
    replied
    Pie! Right after that giant meal the last thing I want is pie! I'll stick with the savory! Turkey pie made from leftovers would be OK!
    Last edited by treesmacker; November 24, 2021, 03:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• treesmacker
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed!

• IowaGirl
    commented on 's reply
    Hah! I'm about 1 1/2 hours north of W'loo. And I'm a good granddaughter of a Scots woman.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Yep! My Great Grandma Galloway's recipe. 100% Scottish. She was unbelievable. A Waterloo, IA legend. IowaGirl

• IowaGirl
    commented on 's reply
    Your comment about your dad's oatmeal dressing led me down a rabbit hole! I think I'm gonna have to try Scottish "skirlie" -- steel cut oats sauteed with beef fat and onion. A recipe: https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/re...skirlie-recipe It calls for "pinhead" oatmeal which is apparently similar to steel cut oats. I also saw a few recipes for dressing that called for rolled oats, but they had some broth added. Skirlie sounded more interesting to me.

• WillTravelForFood
    replied
    hate eating turkey at the table.
    love eating the turkey bits off the cutting board before it makes it to the table

perhaps the pre-meal nibbling/snacking has something to do with it?

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    replied
    Crispy turkey skin is overrated and not worth the effort. Juicy white meat is the only thing worth stressing about.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here