Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNPOPULAR OPINIONS, Thanksgiving edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Eric, that’s pretty sad when my only redeeming quality is I drink Coors Light. 😂😂😂

• SierraBBQGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by ecowper View Post
    I absolutely love Thanksgiving. My favorite holiday. It’s about family and friends and gathering together over a great meal, not commercialized and all about "what did I get" like Christmas.

My unpopular opinion is that Thanksgiving is way better than Christmas :-)

As far as the food, I love turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy. I regularly cook that meal for Stacy and I except that I cook a chicken because cooking a turkey for two people seems a bit crazy.

ANother unpopular opinion — I love holiday jello salad … as long as there’s no cottage cheese in it.

Another unpopular opinion - I don’t give rat’s **s about football on thanksgiving. And no, the Cowboy’s are not America’s team, either.

:-)
    I agree with all this, I would make this stuff through out the year, if I could handle the carbs. I make turkey often. Oh and the Packers are the true America’s team. LOL

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    Stacy says "he does have Coors Light. And he’s kinda funny. But until he learns to cook chili, it ain’t happening"

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    ecowper Who the hell said we were your friends anyway? Never did like you from the moment we met! The only reason I hung out with you so much in Rockdale was so I could get close to Stacy and try to get her to move in with me….in my van down by the river.

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    ecowper I mean, the downside of the flexibility is that it is just us two. Our parents are in California and Germany this year. And our kids won’t eat any of the turkey foods (one is vegetarian and picky and the other may try turkey this year).
    Last edited by STEbbq; November 22, 2021, 08:21 AM.

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    My wife makes pumpkin pecan pie. It is delicious. Doesn’t taste like others’ traditional pumpkin pie. It is sweet and denser

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    Love those photos!

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    I know it’s a long standing tradition to have turkey on thanksgiving, but I don’t think it is at all required. I am of the opinion that the Thanksgiving Holiday is about celebrating family, friends, health, harvest … and so we should eat whatever foods bring that holiday essence to its peak … for us. It’s individual and enjoyable and awesome.

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Our local supermarket ran a buy a ham and get a free turkey special last week, couldn't pass it up. I double smoked the ham then parceled it out and popped them in the freezer. Probably going to do the gobbler when we get home from grandma's next week.

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    For whatever reason, I find mayonnaise abominable. No matter what brand. Don’t know why, but I do.

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    I think the perpetual PNW rain and gloom has dulled poor ecowper 's senses. Or, perhaps he has yet experienced the exquisiteness of Duke's mayonnaise, it's got Twang! As our dear Troutman once opined, Duke's is basically unicorn snot. And it is equally exquisite on meatloaf sammies!

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    John, there’s only one acceptable turkey sammich …. White bread, butter, mustard, salt, pepper, cranberry sauce, and 3-4 slices of breast. Cut it diagonally so that you have two triangles. Have mashed taters and gravy with it. Dunk it in the gravy. Whatever you two are eating is absolutely wrong and neither one of you gets to be my friend anymore

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Eric, you silly goose! Turkey on white bread with lots of mayonnaise is the only way! Captain Mike is right! Also salt and pepper.

• Skip
    replied
    To me Thanksgiving is wonderful. I like most of the food and more than that I like preparing it. A few of the sides can be so so but that's ok too. Of course the best part is getting together with Family and Friends.
    Last edited by Skip; November 22, 2021, 06:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    I guess if not watching football on Thanksgiving is unpopular, I can subscribe to that one. Not one game yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here