Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanksgiving Meat Ideas - HBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All those great ideas, particularly the 5th of WT. one year, we had TD dinner at one of my relatives - don’t remember why. Being a rebellious yute, I got a bunch of Chinese takeout. Guess which had no leftovers. Just sayin’….

Comment

A few years back T-Day was getting very boring and I was given permission to switch things up a bit. So, I smoked a duck ..... maybe a whole duck or duck breasts????

Comment

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        Whole ducks for presentation.

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Ernest a medium rare, boneless duck breast, sliced and fanned out nicely makes a good presentation and doesn't detract from the Turkey

Sub ham for Porchetta, Sub turkey for goose or duck, rack of lamb, bone in leg of lamb

Comment

Pork belly Porchetta looks majestic at the center of the table. We did this back in 2018 TG, it was requested again 2018 xmas Click image for larger version

Name:	Porchetta.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	1117133

Comment

• Bbqmikeg
          Bbqmikeg commented
          Editing a comment
          I’d eat that off the cutting board faster than I could serve it!

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          Ernest I will have to check with the local authorities, but I don't think this is legal in Nebraska on account it has too much flavor and is far from bland.

Pork "Tenderloin" Grilled/Smoked to 140* and then tented. It will be tender and juicy. The tenting for 15 minutes will help take most of the "pink" out and it goes well with cranberries and most TG sides. An option is to slice and drizzle a little cranberry sauce over the slices.

Comment

If it was me I'd brine a turkey and cook it om my pellet grill. Show everyone a turkey can be moist and delicious.

Comment

We have a variety of proteins so everyone can have something. This year we’re going to have a couple turkey roast, some turkey legs, pork tenderloins and a 4 bone rib roast. Those turkey roast have become something we cook at least once a month, easy and so good.

Comment

How about a smoked quiche? Spinach, homemade bacon, lots of cheeses with a touch of smoke and/or homemade BBQ sauce?
              Last edited by STEbbq; October 29, 2021, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
                Jfrosty27 commented
                Editing a comment
                Now that’s an interesting idea! I may need to try that. Like maybe tomorrow.

• STEbbq
                STEbbq commented
                Editing a comment
                You could throw in some mushrooms too!

• Craigar
                Craigar commented
                Editing a comment
                I could make it for breakfast...hmm....

STEbbq - the bottom center is the turkey porchetta I did a few yrs ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0ABFC883-A9EE-4751-979C-BCBB5BDCA569.jpeg
Views:	149
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	1117246

Comment

• STEbbq
                STEbbq commented
                Editing a comment
                Dang, that looks yummy! And great presentation!

I’m gonna vote for duck as well. Different enough to not cause trouble and will fit right in with the meal. Also, duck is so much better than turkey!

Comment

I did a pork tenderloin roulade a few days ago that was super juicy and delish. Roll one those up with cranberries, pecans and wrap with bacon, and you'll have another winner that would go really well with the rest of Thanksgiving.

Plenty of great duck suggestions, and I don't think I could top those.

Lamb chops would be amazing, but not the time consumer in the grill I think you're looking for!

But if I didn't want her to come back ever, I'd do a turkey like it's supposed to be done on a smoker and live with fallout.

Comment

I would smoke and serve a moist, juicy turkey out of pure principle. Killing an animal and then ruining it when cooking is just not right.

BUT: that’s not the advice you asked for

My vote goes for Porchetta, it’s a great dish. That, or whole duck.

Comment

The pork belly "porchetta" idea is making me more and more interested.... I've got a pork belly sitting in my freezer for I don't know how long.

Pork belly is so fatty though... hmmm... I need to ponder on this. I've got a few weeks to come up with something. But I'm gonna have a crowd, too - well, a crowd for US, not for some of ya'll. I'll have my 2 sisters-in-law and mother-in-law, next door neighbor widow, mom and step dad, and myself, The Wife and The Boy. That's a mondo large gathering in my house.

And my wife and her family are Caribbean, so... let's just say they can get a bit... raucous? Or just plain loud. Boisterous. The people across town can hear them cackling. lol

Comment

Sorry. Didn't read all of the above.
                      A couple of years ago I was allowed to make a brisket for thanksgiving. They asked for it again the next year.
                      Last edited by HawkerXP; October 30, 2021, 09:16 AM. Reason: duh

Comment

Amazon.com : Creole Food Turducken (Cornbread Stuffing, 4lb) : Grocery & Gourmet Food

4/5 lb Pack:

10/14 lb Pack:

You're welcome!

Comment

• smokin fool
                          smokin fool commented
                          Editing a comment
                          MtView funny how some foods are unknowns in this day and age, Turducken's are a big deal around here at our Thanksgiving and Christmas

• MtView
                          MtView commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It looks really tasty and that it might take a few test runs to make it look as good as the one in the picture.

• Craigar
                          Craigar commented
                          Editing a comment
                          They are tasty. Got to sample one back in 2002 down in Baton Rouge. I would love to have another one. Here's one for the go big or go home crowd: https://firstwefeast.com/eat/2014/12...eboned-animals

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here