Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife is my toughest critic, we dislike some similar things, and then we have some Stark differences on some foods. But, there are some things I get super nervous cooking for her (she is a Horrible cook), but, she has these moments in time with a few meals that her dad grilled, or her mom cooked that I often do not nail. Even though I probably did, just not to the emotional memory’s of a certain meal. Other things she is so on board for the meal,

Comment

This was a tough one for me. SWMBO and I love many of the same foods but we also have several foods that she hates and I love and vice versa. In restaurants, we will usually order different things even if we like the same thing so we can sample each other’s plate. For cooking, 98% of the time I am cooking something we can both eat and the remainder of the time, I am usually adding on some ribs or pork butt just for me.

Comment

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        As we speak, she has homemade borscht in the fridge which she loves and I don’t care about, so she makes it every once in a while like I do with my ribs.

• jpietrantone
        jpietrantone commented
        Editing a comment
        STEbbq this is me and my wife to a tee! She likes pork ribs as long as they aren't too fatty and does not like pork butt much at all. She does however like brisket, beef ribs, and chuck roasts. Guess she just doesn't like pig as much as cow.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        this is why I'm getting fat... my wife likes to order more than she can eat so she can sample everything, and I always forget to bring the cooler and ice packs along for leftovers... so I eat

We pretty much eat the same things except she doesn’t like rye bread and I don’t care for seafood that has a heavy fishy taste. She loves her oysters. When we eat in restaurants we usually end up picking the same things and one of us will change so we can taste different things.

Comment

My wife's and my tastes have always been similar. Over the 23 years we've been married, our tastes have both evolved, and now they're almost identical. The only difference we could come up with is that I like radishes and she doesn't. But I don't often eat radishes, so that's hardly worth mentioning. She has introduced me to new foods that I now enjoy, such as Soul food, and I've introduced her to a few things, like aebelskivers. (She's African American and I'm half Danish.) And we've discovered a lot of things together. Reading some of the comments above makes me realize how lucky I am.

Comment

My Significant other is a Tuxedo Feline, always rather eager to try out any tucker I might have to hand.
          Smokey will actually eat foods with an astonishin rate of capsaicin, which would have most (ugh) Hu-Mons whimperin like a lil babby chile

One Kewl Kitty...

Comment

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            There's a reason he picked you. Was wandering the neighborhood, checking out the sights and smells and general vibes and whatnot. Catches a whiff of something smokey and is mesmerized. Comes in for a closer look, hears some sweet guitar licks and senses some general good vibes and whatnot coming from the house, yadda yadda yadda, finds his soulmate.
            Last edited by CaptainMike; October 19, 2021, 06:31 PM.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            I am Truly Blessed by his Presence in my Life, an I fully realize that, each an every moment of every day I am given, CaptainMike

YES!!!
            He Chose Me...:
            Sometimes, on rare occasion, amidst th Gods an Goddesses rollin dice, an playin cards, they throw a straight up one out there, without any twist of th wrist, jus to see how we mere mortals might potentially respond....
            Smokey was one such occasion that I have witnessed, in this Life....

Since I was dreaming about Red sauce today, thank you very much Bones! I got thinking, I could eat a pasta based diet, and just be super happy. My wife, grew up without really eating pasta, so she is often a hard pass on the pasta, not the sauce, just the pasta part.

Comment

My wife doesn’t like wine as much as I do which works out in my favor…..
            I don’t like cooked carrots as much as she does which works out in her favor….

Comment

• SheilaAnn
              SheilaAnn commented
              Editing a comment
              I hate cooked carrots….. but raw carrots: all day!

Exact same foods, but she doesn't have asbestos tongue, so the heat it usually different.

Comment

If food was a deal breaker, I would think it would not last long. LOL

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here