Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUNDAY POLL: Would you mix champagne and fast food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do enjoy champagne a lot. Usually have it at Christmas and Thanksgiving only. Have had it with fast food and still enjoyed it although that was years ago. Tends to come out only for very special occasions so usually having fast food won’t be an option as we have been working on the meal too to make the entire occasion memorable.

Comment

Yes! Because Champagne. 🥂
      actually champagne pairs very well with fried food. So I would pair it with fried chicken!

Comment

I could get down with a mimosa and a sausage egg McMuffin.

Comment

• JustKyle
          JustKyle commented
          Editing a comment
          I just came here to type this same thing.

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't forget your Emily Post....pinky out.

Champaign is something I chug if it is the only alcohol left at 2am

Comment

Kirkland DOCG Prosecco is $7/bottle. It gets paired with a lot of things.

Comment

• crazytown3
            crazytown3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup, I'm all over that.

Hmmm, champagne is something that I have occasionally…

By occasionally I mean every time I’m in SoCal. LOL
          My GF and I generally do brunch every morning that I’m here/there. Anyway, champagne (brut in our case) is ALWAYS on the menu. And never once have I considered pairing it with fast food. Granted, I’m a firm believer that fast food is best not eaten to begin with, so there’s that. But the thought of champagne, or a good sparkling wine, with a fast food burger or some other dreck sounds revolting. LOL

I’ll stick with tried & true dishes. ;-)

(And no, I don’t want to figure out how many cases we go through in a year. LOL)

Comment

• SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            IMHO, fried food with champagne/sparkling. Fried chicken from Gus’s or stater brothers. It’s close to fast food….

Good champagne? Sure. It's awesome with fried chicken, so why not fast food?

Comment

If someone else is buying me dinner and champagne, I am going to eat it for sure.

Honestly, if the place offered champagne as an option with fried chicken or whatever, I’d try it once for kicks.

I would not have high expectations though.

Comment

• rickgregory
              rickgregory commented
              Editing a comment
              Champagne (any sparking wine in that style actually) works surprisingly well with fried chicken. Not spicy, etc just plain southern fried chicken. The salty, bready, moist chicken contrasts with a sparkling wine that has acid to cut through the fat. It's similar, actually, to how a beer works with it.
              Last edited by rickgregory; September 20, 2021, 10:29 AM.

What pairs beautifully is some bourbon in a vanilla milkshake, or vanilla peanut butter shake mmmmmm. Champagne w fast food?? Sounds revolting…but I’m not a fan of champers so I’d never choose to soil my fast food that way.

Comment

Im not much of a champagne drinker, but I’d go for it!

Comment

Yes, have and would continue to.

Comment

I'm solidly in with Taj, on this one...

Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 20, 2021, 10:10 PM. Reason: l

Comment

• Beefchop
                    Beefchop commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ain't noboby's business but the several government agencies that are currently conducting electronic surveillance on you...

Oh, pairs well with caviar and oysters. Think salty/briny.

Comment

A little off topic, but remember that movie Sideways? Paul Giamatti's character, a huge wine snob, enjoys a bottle of '61 Chateau Cheval Blanc with a burger and onion rings in one of the final scenes. Drinks it out of a Styrofoam cup.
                    Last edited by Beefchop; September 21, 2021, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I don’t usually drink champagne, but if you made me a quick plate of caviar and brie, I would wash it down with a glass of champagne!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here