Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUNDAY POLL: Would you mix champagne and fast food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smokenoob
    replied
    I don’t usually drink champagne, but if you made me a quick plate of caviar and brie, I would wash it down with a glass of champagne!

Leave a comment:

• Beefchop
    replied
    A little off topic, but remember that movie Sideways? Paul Giamatti's character, a huge wine snob, enjoys a bottle of '61 Chateau Cheval Blanc with a burger and onion rings in one of the final scenes. Drinks it out of a Styrofoam cup.
    Last edited by Beefchop; September 21, 2021, 08:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Beefchop
    commented on 's reply
    Ain't noboby's business but the several government agencies that are currently conducting electronic surveillance on you...

• SheilaAnn
    replied
    Oh, pairs well with caviar and oysters. Think salty/briny.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    I'm solidly in with Taj, on this one...

Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 20, 2021, 10:10 PM. Reason: l

Leave a comment:

• crazytown3
    commented on 's reply
    Yup, I'm all over that.

• crazytown3
    commented on 's reply
    10-4 on that approval good buddy. Me, I like a nice sparkling prosecco with just about whatever I have the bottle sitting next to at the time.

• Huskee
    replied
    Yes, have and would continue to.

Leave a comment:

• Santamarina
    replied
    Im not much of a champagne drinker, but I’d go for it!

Leave a comment:

• JCBBQ
    replied
    What pairs beautifully is some bourbon in a vanilla milkshake, or vanilla peanut butter shake mmmmmm. Champagne w fast food?? Sounds revolting…but I’m not a fan of champers so I’d never choose to soil my fast food that way.

Leave a comment:

• jpietrantone
    commented on 's reply
    Yep, same here! It would ruin my taco bell!

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    Champagne (any sparking wine in that style actually) works surprisingly well with fried chicken. Not spicy, etc just plain southern fried chicken. The salty, bready, moist chicken contrasts with a sparkling wine that has acid to cut through the fat. It's similar, actually, to how a beer works with it.
    Last edited by rickgregory; September 20, 2021, 10:29 AM.

• STEbbq
    replied
    If someone else is buying me dinner and champagne, I am going to eat it for sure.

Honestly, if the place offered champagne as an option with fried chicken or whatever, I’d try it once for kicks.

I would not have high expectations though.

Leave a comment:

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    IMHO, fried food with champagne/sparkling. Fried chicken from Gus’s or stater brothers. It’s close to fast food….

• rickgregory
    replied
    Good champagne? Sure. It's awesome with fried chicken, so why not fast food?

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here