Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUNDAY POLL: How ya like your bacon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually kinda like mine a bit on the burned side sometimes. Crisp, a little charred. Yum.

Comment

Via the mouth

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        +24

Mixed with my saliva then well masticated.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Watch it Captain! This is a family site.

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        I masticate all the time, even in front of my wife. CaptainMike

Click image for larger version

Name:	28BF5E35-30E3-435F-903F-C24E871CCF47.jpeg
Views:	162
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	1088830

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Well done?

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        On a plate, with eggs, and toast :-)

In a heap...

Don't matter, quite so much, if'n it's xtra crispy, or semi flaccid, but they had best be a whole danged passel of it!!!

Comment

• RickyBobby
        RickyBobby commented
        Editing a comment
        Read my mind, brother!! I been waiting for a minute to myself to respond, but my answer was gonna be, "however I can get it so long as it’s plentiful!"

Crispy with a bit of bend and not shatterable.

I can't stand thin bacon. Gotta have some heft and nothing is more disappointing than see-through bacon.

Comment

Chewey when it is as bacon rashers, when it is a wrap or in a salad I like it crispy.

Comment

This is how I like mine. A little crispy with pieces of fat not rendered all the way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B39DA279-814B-4D52-BEC6-2C155CED2822.jpeg
Views:	157
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	1088909

Comment

Bacon.
            On a English muffin.
            On a slab of toast.
            On a PB banana bacon sandwich.
            Recently, olive oil, rosemary sourdough.

Comment

Crispy. And if it is not fresh bacon that I have cured then I prefer Wrights brand. I am a bacon snob.

Comment

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                Wright’s it is bro! They have a huge following here in The Pit.

I don’t give a rip! As long as it’s dead pig bacon that’s cooked.

Comment

• RickyBobby
                RickyBobby commented
                Editing a comment
                👆This.

I'd call my preference medium. Soft, doesn't hold its shape when picked up. I can't stand crispy, dark, well-done bacon.

Comment

To me bacon is kind of like French fries. You almost have to go out of your way to mess it up because I’ll pretty much eat anyway and on just about anything. I prefer chewy but if my wife or daughter happens to overcook it’s I’m still eating it.

Comment

True story:

<begin bacon rant>

Neighbors rang up and asked if we had any bacon they could borrow (hey, it happens - you're in the middle of a recipe and BAM, you don't have what you needed)

No problem, here's a pack of Hormel Black Label Center Cut bacon that we just happen to have available.

Neighbors said thank you, they'll bring us a replacement bacon package when they next hit the grocery store.

Day or two later, they stop by with the replacement bacon: a generic yellow package of Oscar Mayer.

/ Sigh/

I get it, not everybody has the same preference when it comes to bacon purchases. We enjoy Wright bacon as much as the other person here, and we often get bacon direct from a butcher nearby when we feel the need to go special.

And our neighbor may prefer the more common Oscar Mayer package in their every day lives. Some people believe that any bacon is as good as any other bacon (aka "All bacons are created equal")

But if you ask to borrow bacon with the knowledge that you'll replace it the next day -- at least try to something close to whatever it was that you borrowed.

<end of bacon rant>

Yes, they're good neighbors, and we'd probably do the same thing again.

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    [builds tall fence to hide from said neighbors]

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm the same way Panhead John. Sadly many aren't, been there too.

• RickyBobby
                    RickyBobby commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I mean….. at least they replaced it with SOMETHING. I agree that they should have (and I also would have) at least attempted to replace with equal quality, but at least they brought you something back. I can’t say I’ve ever handed over a pack of bacon willingly, but if my neighbor didn’t replace it, they would be dead to me. Lol. Just kidding. Kind of. Lol!

Alone or with somebody. Other than that, I don't touch it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here