Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did You Know That "Grilling Is Bad" and "Grills... Make Worse Food"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I imagine he lives in New Yawk City, in a high rise apartment, and has never had a patio, thus he remains ignorant to what goes on elsewhere.

Comment

Once again, Bless his heart!

(For Huskee, this is the sarcastic version haha)
      On the plus side, that is one less person I have to worry about driving up demand for ribs, raising the prices more.

Comment

In my comment on that article, I told him "If you can't handle the heat get in the kitchen!"

Comment

I don't think he would be the most fun person at my cookout. "It's too hot out", "I'm not going in the pool the water's cold" , "I'm leaving as soon as the mosquitoes come out ". I can hear him now. And his worst comment, "do you have any veggie burgers or turkey dogs"? Keep writing articles like that because it means more grills and ribs for the Pitmaster Cub.

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            "Oh, can you hand me another O’doules please?"

• Whiskeyman53
            Whiskeyman53 commented
            Editing a comment
            You're right. That could be worse than asking for veggie burgers.

He is obviously a mutant and does not possess the fire gene. Hope he has no offspring, for their sake (and ours )

Comment

That is why we need to switch to a plant-based diet. Ask any "Red Diaper Doper Baby".

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              As mentioned before, cows eat grass, thus…beef is plant based food.

Another in a series of articles written by low ranking writers possibly stuck at work producing clickbait articles while the good writers are home enjoying this holiday weekend grilling in the backyard with their families.

An intern at the AP has an article about grilling hazards heading their website. It wasn’t badly written, dealt mainly with fire safety, but I did take the advice to use yellow duct tape to create a perimeter around the grill to give a hazardous visual warning that the grill is hot and dangerous to be a bit much; and my dogs might object to the advice of them being locked away while any grilling is done.

Still, the links to past articles on the dangers of grilling did make me shake my head. I learned from one of those articles that I should microwave my meats to almost done before grilling so they won’t have much contact with the flames because that will give me cancer.

Happy July 4th weekend everyone, but now I have to go research what microwave power setting to use to cook my Prime New York Strip steaks I’m serving tonight.

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              Panhead John you really should try the reverse sear microwave method …. Set power to 2 and zap the steak for at least 42 minutes. Then toss it on your grill that is cranked up to roaring flames for 30 seconds per side.

• Donw
              Donw commented
              Editing a comment
              ecowper You read that article in the New York Times food section too? Sounds delicious😋 Await my post in SUWYC coming very soon.

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              Donw don’t forget to glaze with HP Brown Sauce

I would agree, if you are using a cheapo grill. Or if you do not know what you are doing and build a raging bonfire in an otherwise decent kettle grill and attempt to cremate your food. Or you never clean your grill, until eventually this happens....
            Click image for larger version

Name:	idiot.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1054268

Comment

• GolfGeezer
              GolfGeezer commented
              Editing a comment
              Best part of this is the guy is still ready to flip that meat!! Maybe the lady guarding the case of Hop House 13 Lager next to the fake palm tree is his backup?

• STEbbq
              STEbbq commented
              Editing a comment
              "It’s all good. Flame-kissed meats that turn to dust when I eat them are the best."

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              When I see flames like that I would be pulling all the meat off onto the side table in a frenzy, not staying there watching it burn!

Last time I had a fire like that it was on my old Genesis with a bunch of 80/20 burgers on July 4th a number of years ago, and the next day I ordered a full replacement set of Grillgrates for it...

Grills don't make bad food; people make bad food (sometimes with grills)

Comment

• bbqLuv
              bbqLuv commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh no, you broke the silence code, we are to keep that a secret. Now, what am I going to tell my guests on the next BBQ fail? Here have another PBR?

I come across opinions like his and all I think is "I really need to write a bunch of fiction books. I don't have to be a great writer to get rich. I just have to write in an abrasive, offensive manner, taking a ridiculous stance on the most common of situations." (not saying the guy isn't a good writer... I just know I'm not a great one)

Comment

I haven’t seen this much venom since ecowper ‘s post last winter titled "What Do You Put In Your Chili?"
              Last edited by Panhead John; July 3, 2021, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                It really was! It was a Saturday night…🥃🥃🥃 was involved. Everybody! was on line at once, posting almost immediate replies. And it went on for like 8 hours! Every now and then someone would pop up and say " I finally got caught up with this thread" Many hilarious and snarky comments made. Best post I’ve ever been in here.
                Last edited by Panhead John; July 3, 2021, 02:04 PM.

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                As longs as we put corn and beans in it, maybe even green beans also, I'm in.

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                Uuh, I think you oughta just stick with your hot dog probes. 😂

Yawn!

Comment

• RustyHaines
                RustyHaines commented
                Editing a comment
                Double yawn. IMO he is one of the perpetually offended.

Spoken like a man who doesn’t know how to grill and is too lazy to learn. I’m sure he is just a joy to spend time with.

Comment

Blasphemer! Be gone with thee and thy foul stench!

Comment

Reckon he's entitled to his opinion, however misinformed I might see it as...
                  My opinion of his opinion is most likely not appropriate for this forum...
                  Ain't wantin to be on th Invite List, when he has a cookout, we can safely say.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here