Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SRF Kobe Gourmet Hotdogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer is here! Does anybody know where I can order a GREAT Old Fashion style hotdog. Schwan's had the best DOG, but it's only "seasonal." (If anybody knows who makes Schwan's Old Fashion Hotdog, please let me know). I live on the Gulf Coast and can't find them anywhere. I tried Koegels, but there not what I am looking for.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Griigeezer, Check out Schweigert's Old Fashioned Coarse Ground All Beef! They are great on the Grill! From Fargo ND, Dan

I'm not sure what you mean by old fashioned, but these hot dogs are GREAT.

Comment

Are you talking hotdogs or franks? A really good hotdog is Hebrew National and those have become ubiquitous. Here in Oklahoma and Texas we have Schwab's hotdogs, chili, etc. made right here in Oklahoma City.

If you're talking franks (big hotdogs with natural casing that look like hot links) I find the really good ones in my butchers' case. Again, my go to is Schwab's.

I've found that regional suppliers of hotdogs and franks are my best bet. Ask your butcher who they would suggest. Local butchers generally know the best local purveyors of hotdogs, sausages, franks, etc.

Comment

Thanks for input everyone. I really appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here