Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any favorite brand-name Ice Creams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t know if you are interested in making you own, but this one is outstanding! Warning, some crazy ingredients I’m sure you don’t have in your pantry.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      🤢 Hard pass!

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      SheilaAnn I'm ok with the locust and guar gums. I'm not ok with Stevia, nor with 'protein powder.'

My wife's favorite is Tillamock, but mine is Blue Bell, PLUS Blue Bell is still 1/2 gallon, where most others are 3 pints for the price of a 1/2 gallon. Right below Blue Bell is Braum's, a regional company in OK, KS, MO, AR. and a couple of other states.
    Very rich texture and lot's of neat flavors that are always changing.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      They are in Texas, too. Greater Dallas for sure. My sister shops there.

Alden's Organic, an Oregon brand. Also, agree that Tillamook is a good brand (also from Oregon.) Alden's used to have a vanilla bean with chocolate flakes, that was a great straciatelli. However, they stopped making it. I emailed them and asked them to resume, but they said it was off rotation for now. And, they sent me gift certificates, coupons. Awesome.

Comment

Yeah, Turkey Hill or Breyers...To be honest, I mostly just get some vanilla and pour a little bourbon over it. Heaven!

Comment

You guys missed it all!
        Babcock Hall ice cream. Found only in Madison, Wisconsin at the University Union and a few other selec places in town.
        The milk comes from a university run dairy farm 30 miles north of Madison, Babcock hall then turns it into many things including ice cream and serves it at the student union hall. Most awesome! Never had any better ice cream
        Not worth the trip just for the ice cream but, damn, it's good

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          tmaan235 In the summer of 1972 as a med student in Chicago (Rush U.) I took an elective in Madison. I remember the UW ice cream carts on campus, as well as the bratwursts. If you throw the brat in along with the ice cream, then it's worth the trip to Madison.

• tmaan235
          tmaan235 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ohhhhh, the brats....... forgot

My favorite is Tillamook, but then I’m from Oregon so biased. Love their cheese too.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here