Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any favorite brand-name Ice Creams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any favorite brand-name Ice Creams?

We normally buy Turkey Hill Natural for day-to-day ice cream to keep in the chill-box. We like that it's just the normal five ingredients that one would expect in an ice cream product. Sure, the flavor variations are limited, but we're okay with that trade-off for no unpronounceable stuff.

We do occasionally splurge on any of the Moose Tracks-related items, because we have needs occasionally.

For us, a new entry has joined our list of go-to ice cream brands (but only if it's on sale): Tillamook, almost any flavor we've had has been fantastic.

From a gelato perspective, we're surprised at how much we enjoyed the Whole Foods house brand (Whole Foods had a 50%-off ice cream sale recently, so was worth stocking up at the time)

I don't eat much ice cream lately because I'm watching my sugar consumption. But when I do I like Haagen-Dazs Double Belgian Chocolate Chip, Pistachio, or Vanilla Swiss Almond. Lucky for me they come in the 16 oz single serving size with a Metformin chaser). They are reasonably priced when they're BOGO at my supermarket. Metformin chaser optional.
    Last edited by Bkhuna; November 21, 2021, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Tillamook is definitely a great brand. I don’t by ice cream often, but typically pick from a few small local producers.

Comment

Tillamook Ice Cream, from Tillamook on the coast for Oregon.

Comment

Tillamook is very good, but Blue Bell is by far our favorite. We buy it when we are expecting company. We don’t keep it on hand or I would blow my Keto plan all to pieces.

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            I have heard of Blue Bell. I have not seen it up here in NW Oregon.

Originally posted by WillTravelForFood View Post
          We normally buy Turkey Hill Natural for day-to-day ice cream to keep in the chill-box. We like that it's just the normal five ingredients that one would expect in an ice cream product. Sure, the flavor variations are limited, but we're okay with that trade-off for no unpronounceable stuff.

We do occasionally splurge on any of the Moose Tracks-related items, because we have needs occasionally.

For us, a new entry has joined our list of go-to ice cream brands (but only if it's on sale): Tillamook, almost any flavor we've had has been fantastic.

From a gelato perspective, we're surprised at how much we enjoyed the Whole Foods house brand (Whole Foods had a 50%-off ice cream sale recently, so was worth stocking up at the time)

Turkey Hill is a small chain of gas station / convenience stores in central Pennsylvania.

We were in Santiago, Chile, and we were in a grocery store (Jumbo, which is sort of like a Super Walmart). And we were in the frozen food section, looking for an ice cream cake to take to a party. And this is what we saw:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190513_124436.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	1129943

Go figure.

Comment

Blue Bell hands down. I picked up some Tillamook today since we had a coupon to try it out.

Comment

• Beefchop
              Beefchop commented
              Editing a comment
              Blue Bell is really popular here in south Louisiana! I think it's based in Texas.

I’ve been a Breyer’s fan for 35+ years. Mint Chocolate Chip or Vanilla With Natural Vanilla Beans is all it takes to keep my happy.

Comment

Ben and Jerry's and Häagen-Dazs for me.

Comment

Bluebell, from the little creamery in Brenham, Texas.

I went on a tour there with our Model A club a number of years ago. It really is a small operation,

Comment

• tbob4
                  tbob4 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Only an MD could say “it’s a really small operation”

Add us to the Tillamook train. Just a cut above everything else available IMO. I lived in Texas for a dozen years, and Blue Bell was good but not great to my taste. And I could never get past the major contamination issue they suffered some years ago. Don't get me wrong, they did everything a company could and should do in response, and were as transparent as could be. But I couldn't go back.

Comment

All I can say is sigh... I can't remember the last time we had ice cream in the house. I know it's happened, I just don't remember when. We will get some gelato while out on rare occasions.

Comment

bluebell or goldenbrook.

Comment

Since the demise of Stoney Creek Dairy our new vise would be Kawartha Dairy....Ka-boom

Comment

I enjoy alla th above, but my once in a Blue Moon, I git my Kryptonite:

Ben an Jerry's Cherry Garcia!

Comment

• bbqLuv
                          bbqLuv commented
                          Editing a comment
                          We have a Ben an Jerry here in Portland OR on Foster Road.
                          They do have some good and interesting verities.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      Rubs Promo