Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Short ribs for the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Methinks that having the butcher cut and trim 8 bones ( just the 2 of us ) and then cut them down to double ( I would do the final cut ) would work very well. The double bones would ensure that the beef sits bone down during the entire cook. I followed MH's instructions, but did not use any sauce.

DW, you're ribs look awesome. We will do beef short ribs again!

--Ed

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Will cutting the beef ribs down to two bones instead of a full rack shorten the cooking time? You should make some KCBBQ sauce and about 30 minutes before the ribs are done put them in an aluminum pan, mop the sauce on them and cover the pan and let them go till they reach 200F. They will be good and tender

Hi DW,

I really don't know the answer, but I'm sure that MH has commented on this in his recipe. I think it probably has something to do with heat and air circulation.

I had single bones ( bought this way for a good deal ) and the problem I had is that they fell to side during the cook. Next time, I'll just run a skewer through them to keep them bone-down on the grate.

My total cook time was 5 hr 35 min to get them to 203. Sometimes the cooker ran in the 230's, so it would have been longer if I ran 225 the entire time.

Now I'm dying to try the sauce...

--Ed

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here