Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

14 pounds of Painted Hills Rib Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14 pounds of Painted Hills Rib Roast

Holy crap, I’m crazy .... You don’t want to know how much it cost, either. My butcher ordered it for me. Then he cut the bones off, re-tied it, and put in a new cryovac (yes, I love my butcher, he is awesome). It’s been wet aging for about a week. Picked up this AM.

This is what 7 bones and 14 pounds of grass fed, free range, grain finished rib roast looks like. First time I’ve ever spent the money for Painted Hills for my Christmas Roast. Dang, it better be good.

IN the trunk of the car, picked it up after Costco run
    Click image for larger version

Name:	EDD28A58-5A5F-4562-B288-70C30F94C75C.jpeg
Views:	124
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	427925

Unwrapped it in the kitchen. Dang, that’s a beauty

Name:	92943287-09BB-4FCB-B449-9B50F85DB1A4.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	427926

Putting it in the fridge until tomorrow morning. Will remove the bones, tie the roast, and start it dry brining then.

Name:	B2F94D9E-5AF4-4F36-9DBD-901E20B2A53B.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	427927

cough....cough... this something I am looking forward to seeing.

Comment

$1.96/lb brisket, that is how much I'm spending, sternum already removed. hehehe

It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!

Comment

Jerod Broussard I am feeling a bit Clark Griswold this year ..... bought all new lights for the house, too.

Comment

Can't wait to see pics and get the dets on the cook...

Comment

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            Tomorrow AM I will be prepping roast and gravy and stuff .... and sharing details for sure

I will be staying tuned to this one. Looks like a superb cut.

Comment

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s so damned big, I’m not even sure how to photograph it

That is a monster! You know every once in awhile you just got to spend some money without looking at the checking account. You are creating an event that your family will remember forever! Celebrate the season!

Comment

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            I think I’m going to break it into two pieces and cook them separately. One for the "I don’t like bloody meat" crowd and one for the rest of us :-)

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            You're a wise man!

PLEASE don't forget the finished photos.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
            ComfortablyNumb commented
            Editing a comment
            I was kind of hoping he won't forget the invitations. We're all family here, right? ;-)

Christmas only comes once a year so why not make the best out of it. Congrats! Cheer!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here