Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Weber Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Weber Brisket

Hello everyone, here’s my first attempt to post about a cook. In fact, I think this is the first time I’ve uploaded pictures to the internet, so this may not work out the way I hope. I have done a couple of briskets before in my Masterbuilt gas smoker, but this is the first one I’ve done on the 26” Weber Kettle with SnS, and also the first full packer I haven’t had to split up in order to smoke it. This was kind of a practice run using some neighbors as guinea pigs. I hope to do one for family coming in from out of state during the holidays.
    This was a Snake River Farms brisket, about 15.5 lbs. untrimmed. It didn’t take much trimming. I dry brined for a day and a half and then rubbed with Meathead’s BBBR.

Trimmed, right before dry brining.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171101_105019.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	406156

Rubbed right before put on smoker.

Name:	IMG_20171102_025550.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	406157

As soon as I lit the coals, it started pouring rain and the wind picked-up pretty good. So got kind of a slow start. Was able to hold the temperature between 225 and 240 most of the time, though. The SnS makes it pretty easy. This is about 5 hours into the cook, when I replenished the coals and water.

Name:	IMG_20171102_113800.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	406158

After about 13 1/2 hours cook time and 2 hours in the faux cambro, this was the finished product.

Name:	IMG_20171102_220532.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	406159

Looks kind of gray in this picture, but it wasn't. Just poor lighting and a bad photographer.

Name:	IMG_20171102_220817.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	406160

Beautiful bark, nicely done!

Comment

Looks fantastic!

Comment

That looks great!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

That looks great! How did it taste? How did your neighbors like it?

Comment

• gregtr1
              gregtr1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you! We all thought it tasted great. All in all, I don't think I would do anything different at this stage.

Nice. Can I be your neighbour?

Comment

That's the way I like mine to look.

Comment

If you would invite me over, I'd show you how to take better pictures. And of course have a little sample.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Awesome! Congratulations!

Comment

Looks awesome. I'm willing to be a guinea pig for a brisket like that

Comment

Great job.

Comment

Looks great. We have the same set up. I need to take the plunge and attempt a brisket.

Comment

Fine Job, there!
                            Excellent lookin' brisket!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here