Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally, brisket bliss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, brisket bliss

I've watched with envy as others have posted about their costco having whole PRIME brisket at ridiculously low prices. Finally, I can post the same!

They told me repeatedly in the past that they couldn't get any, then by dumb chance I stumbled into this today. I feel offended that they didn't call me personally with the news, but I'll take it how I can get it.

Just in time for a family celebration Sunday too! They're in for a treat.
    Attached Files

Sweet Deal, glad they )finally) got ya' hooked up!!!

Comment

Oh man, JPGators17 , you're going to have a great time smoking that prime packer. Enjoy.

Kathryn

Comment

I got the same answer in the Midlothian VA Costco for almost a year, but when I visited Tuesday, they had them too.

Is your Costco in Orlando?

Comment

• JPGators17
          JPGators17 commented
          Editing a comment
          It is. They have specifically told me they don't get them and can't order them previously.

I'd buy them all right now!

Comment

Congrats! Spreading the joy, one Costco at a time. Shout out to the cattle farmers who make it happen!

Comment

• Willy
            Willy commented
            Editing a comment
            Er, cattle ranchers...lol

That top picture is going to be my new background.

Comment

Congrats! I first thought the top picture was your shopping cart and was in awe of how many you were going to cook!

Comment

• JPGators17
              JPGators17 commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol! I wish.

Love the price on that.

Comment

So when I explained all of this to my wife, and how excited I was to finally find this deal, her response almost knocked me over. She says "so how come you only bought one instead of more while you csn?" Uuuuuhhhh Ok, that's a green light I wasn't expecting. So, I think I'm going to go get a couple more, but can anyone tell me if it's ok for me to re-freeze them, or will that be detrimental?

Comment

im new to these prices what are they normally

Comment

Choice flat, not prime, not whole packer, is $6.99/lb at the same Costco. Even the Costco ladies at checkout couldn't comprehend why it was so cheap compared to the flat and held up the line talking about it lol.

Comment

• Ernest
                    Ernest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Flats are always more expense. They take advantage of the fat phobia folks.

BUSINESS VENTURE: Mail me one and I'll cover the cost and send you a bottle of wine.

Comment

• RonB
                    RonB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    JCBBQ - I checked into that when we were in Houston visiting our son last Oct. The cost of sending a 15 lb packer overnight or even two day is insane.

I didn't think of it at the time, but I should have boxed it and taken it as checked luggage for $25...

• JCBBQ
                    JCBBQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    RonB, I've got to figure out what the closest Costco w Prime Brisket is and then make a road trip. Virginia is 4hrs. That would be a day well spent

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0060.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	403.3 KB
ID:	315479 Costco prime

Comment

Anyone in the Orlando area should come get some. I bought 3. The meat manager said they have it on a test basis and they may or may not get it again depending on how it sells.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here