Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally, brisket bliss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JGrana
    replied
    Made it through airport security. I didn't check the bag. It was pulled aside and a security guy opened it up to check out the odd looking Xray. After he saw the brisket I explained - it's a Costco Prime, can't get these back East

He said, "Good choice" and off I went! In the overhead at the moment ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Butchman
    replied
    That tri tip looks fantastic and of course the brisket does as well!

Leave a comment:

• JPGators17
    commented on 's reply
    Haha! That is awesome!

• Willy
    commented on 's reply
    Er, cattle ranchers...lol

• JGrana
    replied
    Out here in sunny Sunnyvale California on a short business trip. Made it a point to go to a Costco today.
    Jackpot!
    They had 6 nice Prime Packers! Grabbed a 17 lb brisket and got talking to the butcher to see when they were packed. He didn't really know. I told him I was from the North East (Rochester NY) and all we get are choice flats. He asked "Have you every had Tri Tip"? I said, sure, great stuff. He then showed me some nice prime tri's...

Glad I packed a collapsible cooler bag and have some ice for the early morning flight back East.

Should be interesting to see if I get any issues going through security with a 17 lb brisked in my luggage ;-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170511_161630 (Large).jpg
Views:	90
Size:	343.6 KB
ID:	317972

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    commented on 's reply
    Flats are always more expense. They take advantage of the fat phobia folks.

• maustin65
    replied
    Thats awesome, love the wife comment, i would have been just as floored! hahaha

Leave a comment:

• Hulagn1971
    replied
    I'll definitely have to check my local Costco here in NC. Great find.

Leave a comment:

• JPGators17
    replied
    Anyone in the Orlando area should come get some. I bought 3. The meat manager said they have it on a test basis and they may or may not get it again depending on how it sells.

Leave a comment:

• JCBBQ
    commented on 's reply
    RonB, I've got to figure out what the closest Costco w Prime Brisket is and then make a road trip. Virginia is 4hrs. That would be a day well spent

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    JCBBQ - I checked into that when we were in Houston visiting our son last Oct. The cost of sending a 15 lb packer overnight or even two day is insane.

I didn't think of it at the time, but I should have boxed it and taken it as checked luggage for $25...

• Butchman
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0060.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	403.3 KB
ID:	315479 Costco prime

Leave a comment:

• JCBBQ
    replied
    BUSINESS VENTURE: Mail me one and I'll cover the cost and send you a bottle of wine.

Leave a comment:

• JPGators17
    replied
    Choice flat, not prime, not whole packer, is $6.99/lb at the same Costco. Even the Costco ladies at checkout couldn't comprehend why it was so cheap compared to the flat and held up the line talking about it lol.

Leave a comment:

• 1lightning
    replied
    im new to these prices what are they normally

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here