Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

Finally, brisket bliss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hulagn1971
    Charter Member
    • Dec 2014
    • NC, The Triad
    • WSM 22.5", Pitmaster IQ110, Weber 22.5" Kettle with SNS, Weber 14" Smokey Joe.

I'll definitely have to check my local Costco here in NC. Great find.

Comment

• maustin65
      Former Member
      • Jan 2017
      • Santa Clarita, CA

Thats awesome, love the wife comment, i would have been just as floored! hahaha

Comment

• JGrana
        Club Member
        • Aug 2016

Out here in sunny Sunnyvale California on a short business trip. Made it a point to go to a Costco today.
        Jackpot!
        They had 6 nice Prime Packers! Grabbed a 17 lb brisket and got talking to the butcher to see when they were packed. He didn't really know. I told him I was from the North East (Rochester NY) and all we get are choice flats. He asked "Have you every had Tri Tip"? I said, sure, great stuff. He then showed me some nice prime tri's...

Glad I packed a collapsible cooler bag and have some ice for the early morning flight back East.

Should be interesting to see if I get any issues going through security with a 17 lb brisked in my luggage ;-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170511_161630 (Large).jpg
Views:	28
Size:	987.3 KB
ID:	317972

Comment

• JPGators17
          JPGators17 commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha! That is awesome!
      • Butchman
        Club Member
        • Mar 2017
        • Estero, FL

That tri tip looks fantastic and of course the brisket does as well!

Comment

• JGrana
          Club Member
          • Aug 2016

Made it through airport security. I didn't check the bag. It was pulled aside and a security guy opened it up to check out the odd looking Xray. After he saw the brisket I explained - it's a Costco Prime, can't get these back East

He said, "Good choice" and off I went! In the overhead at the moment ;-)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
          See more
          See less
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Meat-Up in Memphis