Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had to be Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to be Brisket

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0966.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	421.7 KB
ID:	299096Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0968.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	419.9 KB
ID:	299095Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0967.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	408.3 KB
ID:	299094 I went to the butcher looking for chuck roast, but found this 12 lb choice brisket laying there, looking for a home, so brisket it is. Rubbed it down and salted the night before. Used a brisket rub from a friend of a friend and kosher salt. Lit the PBC but probably need to pay more attention next time, I think I put the lid on too soon. Meat was hanging by 630a. PBC temp was 270F. Threw in two hand full of mesquite wood chips at different times for a little more smoke. Pulled and wrapped it at 1p 162F internal temp, not sure it stalled, but good bark had formed. Added 1/2 beer, golden ale to the brisket in the foil, drank other half. Stirred the coals a bit before putting everything back together, might should have added a few more coals at this point but didn't. Seemed like half the coals had burned still some black ones in there. Ran to the store and got back about 230p PBC temp had dropped to 225F and brisket temp was 180F. Cracked the lid but temp did not recover so I got nervous and lit a chimney of coal and added it in. About 330p temp was 199F to 205F in different parts and very probe tender. Pulled it off, drained the juice, stuck it in a cooler for about 2 hours. served with butter beans. IMHO this was my best brisket ever and my daughter agreed.

Victory is yours!

Comment

Great job! Nailing Brisket is always a treat!

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Congrats on a successful cook.

Comment

THat's a good looking brisket right there!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Looks delicious. Nice cook!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here