Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reheating Prime Rib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reheating Prime Rib

Hey All. Did a prime rib yesterday. Finished it at 130 degrees per Meathhead recipe Have left overs. Any recommendations on how to reheat so that it does not over cook and preserves it as much as possible?

I don't have any suggestions but let me just say that I just had my first sammie w our left over prime rib and it is GLORIOUS. I don't intend on doing anything to my left overs except to slice and eat cold. I also made the horse radish cream and it is fabulous.

Comment

Granted I was plenty hungry at the time, but I've taken slices of the stuff, slathered with mustard and put it under the broiler to heat up. Not sure if I will have enough leftover with this roast to do that but I hope.
      Last edited by Jerod Broussard; December 26, 2016, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Perhaps vac seal and then a sous vide?

Comment

• Atalanta
          Atalanta commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what we did with ours.

Yes I agree with richinlbrg if you have a Sous Vide use that! I have started re heating large chunks of Brisket (@ 160F, 71.1C) takes about 30 to 45 min (depending on how big a chunk it is) Although the crust does soften it seems like it just came out of the Cooler. Since you went to 130 use 130F water temp.

Comment

I've had amazing results using Sous Vide. It's the only way I'll reheat PR now.

Comment

I'll double down on sous vide, and add cast iron skillet to the mix. Slice your steak off, sous vide to internal temp, then throw it in a hot cast iron with some oil, herbs and butter to put a new crust on it! Or the grill of course. If you're not cutting thick steaks and just want hot sammy slices you can just go straight to the skillet.

Comment

I sear it in a cast iron pan :-) ..... also, use the bones and a slice or two to make beef barley soup. Yes, definitely do that.

Comment

Thanks All !!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here