Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket is ready...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pork Lord View Post

Wahhhh????? and I thought we were being driven to the poor house here in Texas by paying 3.50/lb??!!
    I keep telling Jerod he doesn't know how lucky he is to live in cattleveille....you too! My price is same as Pit Boss'. Local butchers here won't even order it, and if they do they don't get it on the trucks.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel as if I will never cook one again.... [sad smiley]

Funny since central & northern MI is all cattle farms and corn fields...yet beef is at it's highest ever here. Must be mostly dairy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pork Lord View Post
      Wahhhh????? and I thought we were being driven to the poor house here in Texas by paying 3.50/lb??!!
      I kid you not. $8 a pound for angus.

Comment

This was a 12 lb. brisket that was $46. I was only going to do a flat but I wasn't going to paid $64 for it.

Comment

The only thing that a local meat market has been selling reasonably priced is a whole packer brisket. Saw one yesterday for $4.99/lb. He usually has only one or two out in the case and they're always 12-13 lbs. I've got one sitting in the freezer for a good occasion.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here