Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meatloaf Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meatloaf Recipe

I've never done a meatloaf on the smoker..... Any one has any recipes to offer?

Hahaha, we had a meatloaf frenzy on here a little while ago, here are a few posts:

My wife has been bugging me for a smoked meatloaf for a while, so this Sunday I finally obliged. I started with beef chuck steaks and pork shoulder steaks, dry

After reading "bbqoaf's" post and watching the finals of the world food championships in Las Vegas where one of the competitors made a bbq meatloaf, I

Hi Folks, I would like to share with you my first attempt at meatloaf. I was really surprised how much tasty it is and for sure I will reply. This is my cook. I

Comment

This one looks interesting. It's close to the first one I tried, which was pretty good. There are just so many to choose from!

Comment

Yes, we did have quite the meatloaf frenzy lately.

This is the recipe that I followed. It was VERY good. The only variations that I had was...I did a bacon weave around the meatloaf, I used MH's Memphis Dust as a rub on the outside in place of the BABY BAM in the meat mixture and I didn't use a glaze. I made a little sauce on the side as a dipping sauce. I had a nice crust and didn't want to ruin it. I put the meatloaf on a cedar plank (more for ease to move than for the residual flavor). http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/e...af-recipe.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	meatloaf recipe.png
Views:	125
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	22923
        Last edited by Mal Passado; October 3, 2014, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Here is a meatloaf recipe that I'm going to do very soon > www.smoking-meat.com/october-2-2014-smoked-beef-and-pork-meatloaf-muffins

Comment

Name:	IMG_1119[1].jpg
Views:	147
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	23013 I made one when i first got my pellet grill this spring but i don't really follow a recipe.
            I used 2 lbs ground pork and veal, onion, mushrooms, Swiss cheese, 1 egg, spinach, and 1 pkg of Kraft Fresh Take rosemary and roasted garlic seasoning mix (the kind you put on chicken)
            It was very tasty.

Name:	kraft.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	22960
            Last edited by Powersmoke_80; October 3, 2014, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Powersmoke this looks great! It's giving me vertigo but it looks great! heheheheh

Dude, I'm so close to you we need to have a beverage soon.

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
                Powersmoke_80 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah i know it rotated the wrong way.I fixed it.
                Yes we should, Where about are you at?
                Last edited by Powersmoke_80; October 3, 2014, 06:30 PM.

I've made several bacon-topped meatloaves on my PBC. Every single one of them tasted flat-out amazing. I use this recipe http://www.afeastfortheeyes.net/2011...-its-best.html without the glaze.

Here's a photo of the meatloaves at the start of the cook:

Name:	Two Meatloaves on Grate.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	23150

And here they are done:

Name:	Two Meatloaves done.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	23151

After I took them off the grate, I slipped them under the broiler for about 1 minute to crisp up the bacon.

I used thin sliced center cut bacon so it would get nice and crispy.

Kathryn

Comment

• smarkley
                smarkley commented
                Editing a comment
                my Wife saw this and her eyes popped out... I have a feeling I will be making this before long

• fzxdoc
                fzxdoc commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, Deuce (who also made a bacon-covered meatloaf) and I commented on another topic that we'll never make an oven meatloaf again. Bacon covered meatloaf off the smoker with a nice smoke ring is pure heaven. Jerod first turned me on to the idea and I'm so grateful to him for that. My DH is even more grateful, since he loves the smell of meatloaf in the evening.

Kathryn

That looks excellent, will have to try.

Comment

I did a meatloaf on the PBC also, a different recipe than Kathryn's but followed her idea of covering in bacon. That was a huge hit around here. Next time I'll do two so I can have some leftovers. On a side note do a search on Maple Fattys in the Pit Forum. I highly recommend those, you'll never look at breakfast sausage the same way again.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here