Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What sauce do you use for brisket burnt ends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What sauce do you use for brisket burnt ends?

I don't want to use something sweet like KC Classic. I made a batch of the recipe Aaron Franklin shares, and it's... okay. I didn't care for the Texas Mop-Sauce recipe, I love my beer and believe it should all get dranken and not made into sauce (ie Mrs Mosca doesn't like it).

What do youse all use?

I've used from the cheapest barbecue sauce, to the expensive BBQ sauce, to the KC classic made from the website, to a mixture of the KC classic and the mop sauce, and just the mop sauce.

I like the mop sauce - KC classic mixture the best.

Comment

Blues Hog original. OR sweet baby rays

Comment

• HorseDoctor
        HorseDoctor commented
        Editing a comment
        Two great choices! That's what I would use if I didn't just eat em as is, perhaps washed down with a beer rather than sauced by one.

• Nate
        Nate commented
        Editing a comment
        I mixed some Sweet Baby Rays with Blues Hog Tennessee Red the other day and my wife LOVED it. It was great on chicken. Usually I use Original and Tennessee Red mix for chicken but didn't have any original with me. The new championship blend is pretty good to.

Meathead's Tennessee Hollerin' sauce

Comment

I use whatever I have on hand... You can't screw them up with sauce. They're that good.👌

Comment

I use tones beef base and mix it with half the amount of water it calls for then I had 50% barbecue sauce like sweet baby Ray's

Comment

Head Country Original is my go to sauce. Tangy, but not sweet, tomato based sauce. Walmart supposedly carries it, but I don't see it at mine. I buy mine by the gallon from Head Country's website.

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Head Country is for real brother.

• CandySueQ
              CandySueQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Mine too. Takes burnt ends to a whole new level. I have it at my Walmart.

Stubbs' Original works pretty well if you want something quick and easy.

Comment

Baked beans 😆

Comment

Head County Blues Hog 50/50

Comment

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yup

Love Sweet Baby Rays on burnt ends with a little bit of beer.

Comment

I heat 1/2 cup spicy bbq sauce, 1/4 cup cider vinegar, and 1 TBS meathead memphis dust to boil and pour over meat in pan and return to smoker after cutting point from flat.

Comment

Try the Texas version of the new Heinz BBQ sauce line--not as sweet as most readily available sauces and the price is fair, too. I think $2 at WM and still under three in most mega-marts.

Comment

I make an Espresso coffee and dark chocolate sauce. I dont have the recipe with me but when I do I will post it

Comment

• Jeff_Carley
                        Jeff_Carley commented
                        Editing a comment
                        late comment: did you ever find that recipe? would be interested in lookin at it

• JCBBQ
                        JCBBQ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ditto

• Craigar
                        Craigar commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ditto the ditto.

KC's Private Stock Reserve

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here