Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long Island Tri-Tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Island Tri-Tip

I made my first Tri-Tip today using Meathead's recipe. It came out terrific. I stupidly forgot to take a picture, but suffice it to say, there was very little left of the 1.75 lb steak and only my wife and I were eating it.

Very easy to do on the new Weber 26 inch grill (I was just finding an excuse to use it over the older Performer Premium) and the Slow n Sear XL. Filled up the basket about half way and used Cherry Wood for smoking. Added some more coals to do the final sear, and I cooked the kids burgers and corn afterwards.

I will definitely be making this again.

And a special shout out to Sal's Meat Market in Massapequa, New York for the steak. The best butcher on the South Shore of Long Island.
    Last edited by Elecsheep9; August 14, 2016, 05:48 PM. Reason: Edited due to curious 10 month old pressing buttons.

Elecsheep9, welcome to the pit! Kettle, SnS, and a butcher with tri-tip? You have everything you need.

Comment

Love Tri-Tip ..... If you don't have a Hasty-Bake or an actual Santa Maria grill, the 26" kettle plus SnS XL is the best way I can think of to cook it, too. Love to see pics next time!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here