Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Ideas for Finishing the Steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Ideas for Finishing the Steak

This article in Food and Wine has some great suggestions for finishing the steak after it comes off the grill.

Shaving garlic onto the steak sounds like an idea I am going to have to try.

Yum! I bet roasted garlic would be good too, I like how it gets soft & mild.

Comment

Or maybe saute some garlic in a little beef fat and drizzle on the steak. (We need a "yum" emoticon)

Comment

RonB that sounds awesome

Comment

On chops I already do the melted butter and thyme thing where I spoon it on as I am reverse searing them.

On steaks I have been known to just put a pad of butter on them as soon as they come off although I am thinking I may start melting the butter and adding some garlic and thyme to it.
          Last edited by Nate; August 12, 2016, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• CandySueQ
            CandySueQ commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm with you on this! I'm sautéing button mushrooms with butter and garlic and pouring that luscious oil over the steak when done. Mushrooms on the side!

• Nate
            Nate commented
            Editing a comment
            CandySueQ , great idea! my wife would love that as she is a mushroom fan! I may have to do that for her sometime... I will have to leave the mushrooms off mine but I usually oil and season onion slices/rings and grill them on or with my steaks and eat them on the side.

Those are some great suggestions to add another layer of flavor

Comment

Mandoline, schmandoline... I'm putting the microplane on that raw garlic.

Comment

Originally posted by Potkettleblack View Post
              Mandoline, schmandoline... I'm putting the microplane on that raw garlic.
              Microplane shcmicroplane...I have nothing to add I just wanted to type microplane schmicroplane.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
                Potkettleblack commented
                Editing a comment
                Don't get me wrong. The Benriner is fun. Except I've given myself a non-minor cut about 30% of the time I've used it. ADD + Benriner is a bad mix.

I'm 100% in on the garlic ideas. I love garlic. The butter and garlic also sounds great. I'm craving a steak now.

Comment

• ecowper
                ecowper commented
                Editing a comment
                Cooking Tri-Tip tonight. Made some chimichurri ... But I think I'm going to try the garlic slices too

• fuzzydaddy
                fuzzydaddy commented
                Editing a comment
                @ecopower Mmmm, Tri-Tip sounds wonderful! Post some photos!

ecowper, After all the Fancy Work is Done, I usually Finish a Steak with a Knife and Fork! I have bare handed it but it's kind of messy! 😆😃😃😄
              😇 I couldn't resist! Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• ecowper
                ecowper commented
                Editing a comment
                Hah! I pick that bone up and go to town!

• David Parrish
                David Parrish commented
                Editing a comment
                Fork and Knife. Best way to go!

ecowper

Chimchurri is a brilliant suggestion.
              Spectacularly simple and goes with so many things.
              I know what I'm making it 2nite.

Comment

• ecowper
                ecowper commented
                Editing a comment
                I crush some garlic into mine and add some red pepper flakes. Give's it a slight bite

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here