Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dino Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dino Ribs

Yes, I stopped by the butcher shop and got two plates of beef ribs. Plus they had some good looking shorties in the display case, so I grabbed some of those, too. Got the ribs in the fridge doing the dry marinade thing. Got out Meathead's book and Chris Lilly's book (my go to books for BBQ) and made up some rubs. Big Bad Beef Rub for one plate and Lilly's Dry Rub for BBQ Beef Ribs for the other. The shorties are gonna cook nekkid so the 13 year old girls won't complain about it all being too spicy. Cook is tomorrow. Gonna also do coleslaw, fruit salad and baked beans ..... I love summer time cooking!
    Attached Files

Oh yeah... looking GOOD!!! I like "dalmatian" rub as well as any.

Comment

Dinner time is going to be winner time!

Comment

My wife also requested grilled polenta ... I guess I will show pictures and techniques for everything as I do it.

Comment

So, I'm prepping the polenta right now. I started wondering about the "cook for 60 minutes at lowest heat setting" and really debating it. My wife jumped in and said "you have always told me that Meathead knows what he's doing and to trust his recipes" ..... Dang, Meathead won the wife over!
          Attached Files

Comment

Okay, Meathead's polenta is all prepped and in the fridge to chill and dry so that I can grill it tomorrow. It tastes outstanding right now, not sure I can wait until tomorrow.
            Attached Files

Comment

• PSULion
              PSULion commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks great! We make it like this and cut into small rectangular pieces - then dust w flour, coat with egg wash, and then seasoned panko crumbs - fry up in sauté pan in oil/butter til golden 👍👍👍

one of the two 13 year old girls .... They are only the same age for a couple months ... Wants to be up early with me to get the beef ribs ready and the WSM prepped .... That's cool

Comment

For those who don't recall, I have Jordan and Karyn, and they both love BBQ .. But one is way more likely to be my helper.

Comment

My favorite BBQ helper showed up this morning and helped me get the WSM set up and rub on the ribs. Plus she snagged my phone when I wasn't looking and took some selfies. Ribs just went on .... Two plates and 5 shorties ..... WSM is sitting at 232 now and holding steady. 6-7 hours of smoke and aroma is gonna kill me!
                Attached Files

Comment

3 hours into the beef rib cook .... They look outstanding and my backyard smells like I moved to Texas! Put the baked beans on, since I'm about four hours from done on the ribs. Karyn got to hold the grill loaded with ribs while I put the baked beans on the bottom grill. She was a little freaked out, but did a great job.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Karyn is totally into your book right now Meathead. She's been reading up on the stall and asking tons of questions about it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Awesome that you have someone to pass your love of bbq on to!!

Comment

Thunder77 Karyn is talking about getting her own cooker. I'm considering getting her a 22.5 Weber and an SnS

Comment

• Thunder77
                          Thunder77 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Great idea! 👍 I have that combo, and it is awesome.

• ecowper
                          ecowper commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I think she would love to learn to cook on it. Plus, it would be all hers. She wouldn't have to compete with me for the Hasty-Bake and the WSM.

Well, this was an awesome outcome ... Everyone loved the ribs and the beans. I did have to reduce the beans on the stove, but the flavor (nice smoke) was amazing. The polenta was grilled and smokey ... Wow.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I hope I gave enough details on this cook, although it seems to have turned into a tale of my daughter ... If you want me to detail the cook better, let me know and I will. It was one of my better cooks and I'm very happy with the outcome

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here