Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costco Tri Tip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    That's just a really bad trip-tip (as you likely know). Usually they're tender as all hell.

• Rod
    replied
    I always get the unseasoned ones from Costco. Just treat it like a big ole steak. When I get to the sear part of the cook, I position the skinny/pointy end of it away from the direct heat after the fist couple of flips as to try and not over cook that part.

Leave a comment:

• Jfrosty27
    replied
    I had the pre-marinated and vacuum packed once. While the flavor was very good, the quality of the meat was poor. Tough and chewy as shoe leather although cooked no more than medium. Lots of chewy connective tissues in it. I will pass myself.

Leave a comment:

• Murdy
    replied
    Are they vacuum packed or just shrink wrapped? If the latter, they are probably doing it on site and might have some unseasoned in the back. My butcher sells them pre-marinated, but has unmarinated ones available usually if you ask.

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    replied
    a buddy of mine has and he has enjoyed them but he doesn’t geek out on the cooking stuff like I do. I prefer to buy and season with what I want but I know it’s been harder to find the non-marinated/unseasoned tri at Costco lately.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    replied
    I've only ever bought unseasoned tri-tip from Costco.

Leave a comment:

• Bad Hat BBQ
    started a topic Costco Tri Tip?

Costco Tri Tip?

Costco Tri Tips come pre seasoned...anyone ever smoke these things?

Indirect grill /reverse sear is my go-to for beef that I am not smoking (usually due to available time!!)

Thoughts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here