Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costco Tri Tip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    The bulk pack (untrimmed) is not tenderized. I really don’t have an issue with the tenderizing but I’m in the minority.

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    I feel bad for you and your COSTCO

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    This is good to know. I have never bought one. I love looking at the marbling - sometimes opting for Choice over Prime. I can’t see that on their seasoned roasts. Thanks for the review.

• painter
    replied
    Guess I'm lucky with my local Costco. They always seem to have prime tri-tip on hand.

Leave a comment:

• Bad Hat BBQ
    commented on 's reply
    CostCo run on Tues....pics to follow

• SierraBBQGuy
    replied
    Blade tenderized? Never heard of that. Costco around here always has lots of TriTip, trimmed, untrimmed, individual, 3 pack, prime and choice. Are these Blade Tenderized labeled as such?

Leave a comment:

• Santamarina
    replied
    After years of soaking up info from this forum and the main AR page I never buy pre-seasoned meat anymore. Had one of them probably 5 years ago, and as I recall it was tasty.

Tri-tip has a great beefy flavor. Doesn’t need all the stuff most pre-marinated ones have. Traditional Santa Maria tri-tip is seasoned only with salt, pepper, and garlic…and cooked over a red oak fire.

My Costco rarely has pre-seasoned ones these days, but always has nekid ones - usually Choice and Prime cuts - but they’re all blade tenderized. 🤦🏽 I’ve heard that some Costcos are phasing out that technique, but mine hasn’t yet.

Leave a comment:

• Santamarina
    commented on 's reply
    SV is the way to go with most Costco beef, as it’s blade tenderized. Safe and medium rare are both attainable with SV!

• HawkerXP
    replied
    We only see the pre seasoned ones in our Costco. I've never tried them.

Leave a comment:

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    You could plan to add some smoke in the reverse before searing.

Leave a comment:

• SierraBBQGuy
    replied
    I have tried the Costco pre seasoned, but prefer the non. They are flavored just too much from the marinade, the meat is a little mushy and way too salty. The beefy flavor is lost.

Leave a comment:

• RustyHaines
    replied
    My COSTCO has an unblemished record of never, ever having tri-tip. I've given up hope and the meat workers there (hard to call them butchers) are now avoiding my questioning why. So I buy tri tip at a local purveyor but have never see one pre-seasoned there. Please keep us posted on your cook. I know I'm curious to see how yours turns out.

Leave a comment:

• Bad Hat BBQ
    commented on 's reply
    Vac Packed....decided on Mix Grill for Fajitas...

• Jfrosty27
    commented on 's reply
    rickgregory yes when I get them from my butcher they are prime grade and melt in your mouth tender. A favorite cut. I was just commenting on the Costco prepackaged product.

• rickgregory
    replied
    If you have a sous vide setup you can also SV to temp, then grill to get the crust. The advantage is that the whole thing, skinny tip to thicker end will be the same doneness when you start grilling

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here