Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long Does It Take You To Separate A Full Packer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final update: the burnt ends were very popular with the house full of graduate students. We didn't get a lot of pictures of the flat, but it was to die for. I'm definitely only buying prime briskets from here on out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-07-15 20.35.33.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	333.4 KB
ID:	1060962

But we did get the shot of the perfect knife test. Super-tender, but did not fall apart on knife. Was a bit more moist than it looks here, too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-07-15 20.36.05.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	331.3 KB
ID:	1060963

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks Great, Brother!

Lookin t'wards to which pic will become my new desktop background!

Any opinions, from Th Pit??
      ?
      I have Grasp, but also rely on others, to supplement / extend my Reach...

I can tell you that I am able to separate brisket flat and point very quickly with my sawzall :-)

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      ecowper Ah, we're back to the 'What kind of saw for prepping wood?' thread! I prefer using the Black & Decker Alligator saw, or the Worx alligator. You just throw your prime packer on the pavement, and lean on the saw. It spares your fingers while it cuts your brisket into KBQ size chunks.

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Dr. Pepper damnit, I knew there had to be a better way!

FWIW Jim, I don't feel "bad" over taking a while to trim the brisket as I view it as an important part of the process. I see it as taking the time to do things right!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      It Takes Jus As Long As It Takes...

• Jim White
      Jim White commented
      Editing a comment
      It's trimmed and separated when it's trimmed and separated.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here