Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Brisket Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Brisket Prices

I often see posts where someone buys brisket at HEB or other stores and pays a low price of $2 - $3 per lb. Here in Tulsa area I have to pay $7.49 or so per lb.

We are going to Texas in a couple of weeks and if prices are that low, I will 'load up' with 5-6 briskets and bring them home.

it would be very helpful to know what you usually pay for your briskets?

Online is $2.33 a pound.

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/u...brisket/371403

Comment

I’m not in Texas, but I can buy prime packers for $3.49/lb at my local Costco

Comment

• IFindZeroBadCooks
      IFindZeroBadCooks commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah that is Costco pricing for me.

• Clark
      Clark commented
      Editing a comment
      ecowper Thanks for the info. Wife hasn't ever wanted to join or shop at Costco as she says "everything is in large bulk quantities." I will check it out if for nothing other than meat.

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Clark they have great sub-primal cut prices, too. Buy a prime NY Strip for $8.99/lb and cut your own prime NY steaks, for example. Even with a bit of trimming, you’re still getting those New York’s at about $10/lb, compared to the $15-$18 per lb I pay at the grocery store or butcher.

Yeah it floats between $3.50 and $4.50 for brisket in N Seattle *at Costco* (not elsewhere).

Note that these prices are untrimmed. I have a butcher near me that sells choice for $4.98 untrimmed or $8.98 trimmed. I don't know if the $ per trimmed pour is the same, there (i.e. if I would trim off 40% of weight) but if your $7.49 is trimmed, keep in mind that all the low prices are for untrimmed.

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      I find that when I buy a packer, I tend to take off about 3 lb, or so. That price for trimmed is factoring a big labor cost for the butcher. Since I think I trim as well as they do, just not as fast, I prefer to trim myself.

• Clark
      Clark commented
      Editing a comment
      rickgregory Thanks for that info. Good thinking re untrimmed vs. trimmed price.

Clark Where abouts in Texas are you going to be? If there’s an HEB near there, here’s some current brisket prices at HEB. Prime Briskets, whole packers, are only $3.59 lb. Wagyu Brisket, whole Packers are $7.20 lb. Costco’s briskets are usually $2.99 lb. - $3.99 lb. Choice and Prime are usually offered.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; March 20, 2021, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Clark If you’ve got the time, Fredericksburg is a really neat place to visit. Beautiful little town with a ton of downtown shops, bars, restaurants and antique places. All in walking distance of each other. You’ll be right in the middle of bluebonnet scenery.

https://www.visitfredericksburgtx.com/

• Clark
      Clark commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John Thanks for all of the info. I am a Texan and lived in Tx. for 57 years Grew up in El Paso, Army in San Antonio, job in Dallas, transferred to Ft. Worth, then Houston, then Dallas. Was a salesman & sales manager for the entire state. Been there, done all of that. Once considered moving to Fredericksburg but couldn't find a house we liked. Moved to Oklahoma instead and like it here....except for the BBQ. That's why we go to Texas, BBQ & bluebonnets.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Well....dang man, ain’t telling ya nuttin you already know then.You just moved up a few spots on my favorite members list. 😉

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo