Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Favorite Commercial BBQ Sauce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullseye Original or Sweet Baby Ray's. KC Masterpiece is a not too distant third among grocery store sauces.

Comment

Breadhead I'm anxious to try this one!
      Attached Files

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve... That's some guuuud BBQ sauce there.👌

Check on Amazon Fresh if they have that service in your area. I buy most of my staples from AF because the price is lower than normal grocery stores and they deliver a big box of groceries & home products for only $5.99 per box... Delivered by the USPS.

• SteveFromLafayette
        SteveFromLafayette commented
        Editing a comment
        Will do!

Came home to these two items waiting on me. Tasted the sauce Breadhead .....why didn't I try this sooner? Wow!
      Attached Files

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a purdy picture Steve! Liking the giant sized bottle of Franks in the background too.

• SteveFromLafayette
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Huskee ! Working on a new sauce recipe for wings.

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve... That's my all time #1 favorite store bought BBQ sauce. The touch of heat option is a winner.👍

Kraft Thick and Spicey after I turn it into Spicey Apple which goes great with pork.

Comment

I usually make homemade but I recently discovered Stonewall Kitchen's Boozy Bacon Barbecue Sauce. Its a thick KC style with bits of bacon and a more-than-subtle bourbon flavor. Really good! I've tried cloning it but haven't quite got it right yet. I also like Stubb's in a pinch. I'm surprised by all the SBR endorsements here. I don't like any of the grocery store sauces that list high fructose corn syrup among its first ingredients. Not for any health reasons or anything. I just think it overpowers any other flavor in the sauce and is just too sweet.

Comment

• Willy
          Willy commented
          Editing a comment
          Agree 100% on the SBR.

From a little town in Iowa:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	74
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	1424466
        Last edited by Craigar; May 22, 2023, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Skip
          Skip commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree. A good "sweet sauce". We like it as a pizza sauce or in baked beans.

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          We really like it thinned out with apple cider vinegar on pulled pork and chicken, otherwise we use it straight up on just about everything else. I will toss in some cayenne pepper and Volcano Dust 4 to give it some heat.

I like Famous Dave's Devil's Spit a lot, so that one is almost always here. Most of the time, no sauce at all but they are available to add if you like. Sweet baby rays seems popular with the kids. I do occasionally make my own though which are generally on the spicy side. And I pretty much see what if available at the local store to always try something different.

Comment

Dinosaur BBQ, hands down. No high fructose corn sugar, which is important to us. Had many meals at their flagship shop in Syracuse, NY, 90 minutes from our place here in Podunk (a real place), but I'd rather do my own BBQ. My wife likes the Sensuous Slathering sauce, I prefer the heat of the habanero-based Wango Tango. Their Cajun Foreplay rub is damned good as well, if you're too lazy or time-stressed to do your own. Amazon prices are higher than a direct buy, but I can find them at local markets up here in the Finger Lakes. We are fortunate to live in an area where we can get fresh pasture raised beef, pork, and poultry from local farms, used to raise our own chicken and turkeys, but advancing age and other commitments rule against it nowadays. Here's where you can check them out: http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/store-sauce

Comment

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            PodunkFarm, Thanks for the Link, I used it and am now Dinosaur BBQ Newletter List! Thanks, Dan

• thefist
            thefist commented
            Editing a comment
            Late to,the party here, but I'll throw in another vote for Dinosaur Wango Tango! Available in NC.

Rocking these two lately!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            I like the Cattlemen's a lot. It was my go to BBQ sauce before I started making my own sauces. However... For some strange reason it has completely disappeared from the grocery store shelves in my area.

• SteveFromLafayette
            Editing a comment
            Same here @Breadhead

I had to order mine online. Btw, I tried their "Mississippi Honey BBQ" flavor recently. Not bad at all.

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            Right with you Guest. I was wondering if they were still around since they just simply disappeared. It was always a good base sauce that you could build a variety of different flavors.

The last 4 ro 5 years I have tried a lot of different BBQ sauces from Traegers sauces to Big Bob Gibson's and Miron Mixon's but I tried some Butcher BBQ sweet sauce and Plow Boys original and I think I like those better. I need to try some of that Black Swan to find out what it is like. Great thread, I did not realize that many people like Sweet Baby Rays which I also like and keep a couple of bottles of it.

Comment

I would love to try some of the Black Swan varieties, but cannot find them at a sensible price once shipping is included. I ordered a half dozen different BBQ sauces from Memphis BBQ Supply and received free shipping a few months ago, but, alas, Black Swan wasn't an option from them. Lowe's (at least here in SE AZ) carries Lambert's Sweet Sauce O Mine, which is actually pretty darned good--thin, vinegary and sweet. I can live with sweet in a thinner sauce.

Once sauce I've enjoyed recently is Blues Hog Tennessee Red Sauce. My fave is still the one I make myself.

Comment

Speaking of Cattlemen's, I think Costco sometimes carries it.

Comment

My local one has the "Smoky" Cattlemen's, but the original is superior.

Don't hang me guys, but I'm a fan of Dickey's sauce too.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by SteveFromLafayette; April 13, 2016, 05:32 PM.

Comment

I only use sauce on ribs and I prefer Sweet Baby Rays.

Comment

The Shed Southern Sweet has recently become my new favorite.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here