Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Brisket and Ribeye Had A Love Child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Brisket and Ribeye Had A Love Child

Thought I'd share this chuckie cook here in the beef channel instead of SUWYC since RustyHaines just posted a very similar cook over there (#391, shout out to Rusty).

I started with a boneless prime chuck roast, vac sealed and let it wet age for almost 2 weeks in the fridge.

> SV @ 135x36
    > Shocked in ice bath, and refrigerated for 3 days
    > Dusted with a combo of Oak Ridge BBQ Black Ops & Char Crust Roasted Garlic Peppercorn
    > Smoked on brother-in-law's new SNS kettle with lump and oak to about 125 internal temp
    > Finished with a ~1+ min per side sear over the hot coals
    > Sliced and served over a board sauce of fresh oregano, thyme, garlic, olive oil, butter and lemon

Excellent cook, tender, juicy, bold and beefy, never mind the excellent price point. Highly recommended.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201102_233952.jpg Views:	45 Size:	1.07 MB ID:	933542

Oh man. I gotta do this. I have a couple Porter Road chuckies in the freezer. SV for 36 hours? My Joule app says 136 for just 18 hrs. Whatever. It looks awesome.

Comment

• BourBonQ
      BourBonQ commented
      Editing a comment
      SV until it feels right, Potkettleblack 's "pinch test"

• RlsRls
      RlsRls commented
      Editing a comment
      Just saw this! I always SV and sear immediately. Since you chilled it for three days, How long did the secondary cook take till it reached 125 internal? Thanks.

• BourBonQ
      BourBonQ commented
      Editing a comment
      RlsRls it's been a minute but I'd guess a couple hours or so.

That is a beautiful thing.

Comment

That looks great! And then you go and throw a board sauce at it! Over the top!!!!

Comment

Looking good,
        You Done Good!
        may I suggest, pair it with PBR.

Comment

• BourBonQ
          BourBonQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Excellent suggestion!

Look delicious! I gotta try one of those.

Comment

Amazing.

Kathryn

Comment

Great technique and I think this is key, too: I started with a boneless prime chuck roast...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here