Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clays Rib Rub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clays Rib Rub

Mornin’ all.
    Doin the prep for todays rib cook and figured I would share my rib rub recipe if anyone was interested.
    This rub was put together to work with my bbq sauce recipe I posted in the sauce section a while ago. Many many batches of trial and error went into the combo to make ribs my family and I enjoy. They are salty sweet spicy smokey and saucy and as such not for everyone…a lot like Nebraska!

Enjoy.

3 TBSP Paprika

2 TBSP Lawrey's Seasoned Salt

2 TBSP Dark Brown Sugar

2 TBSP Garlic Powder

2 TBSP Onion Powder

1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper

1 Tsp Black Pepper

This batch is enough for 3-4 racks of BB or 2-3 racks of spares. I normally cook 3-4 racks at a time so thats how i portioned it. If you have left over put it in a shaker and use it on your next run of pork steaks or burgers if you enjoy sweet salty and spicy.
    Last edited by CHNeal; December 30, 2022, 09:33 AM.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Ohhhhhh, something new to try!

Comment

I need to start incorporating Lawrey's into my rubs and whatnot. Thanks for the share, I'll give it a go. BTW, I once had a girlfriend who was salty sweet spicy smokey and saucy, but she was also equal parts crazy. We had a lot of fun for a time, and she is still a good friend to this day, but man, I just couldn't keep up!

Comment

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          I suppose that goes for me as well, Clay.

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          For sure some great relationships are better as friends. I'm glad yours worked out that way.

I lived with brilliant and funny with a side of crazy back in the day too. It was a great ride, but when it ended I can't say I was too sorry to see the back of him. Whew! was all I could think.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

K.

• CHNeal
          CHNeal commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t think i could actually cook without my Lawrys!

Thanks! Will have to try this out. And go find your sauce recipe too.

Comment

Lawry's is such a staple, I wonder why I don't use it often. For sure it flies under my cooking radar. Time to change that.

This will be a fun way to give it a go once again. Thanks for the recipe, CHNeal .

Kathryn

Comment

• CHNeal
            CHNeal commented
            Editing a comment
            Kathryn,
            It goes into every rub and spice blend I make that calls for salt. I actually keep a shaker of it on our kitchen table and more often then not it’s what’s handed when asked to pass the salt.

Do we know what's in Lawry's? There must be something going on in the collective unconscious, lol, because recently I retrieved ours from the back of the pantry and started using it on the kid's French fries.

Comment

• CHNeal
            CHNeal commented
            Editing a comment
            It is probably the best French fry seasoning there is!

I need to try this rub. Sounds good

Comment

Thanks, fer sharing!

Comment

Lawry's used to be a staple in my pantry but I can't even remember the last time I brought a bottle.
              Then we did start moving towards a very reduced salt diet but still should have this in stock.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here