Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recipe: Appetizer: Tequila Shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recipe: Appetizer: Tequila Shrimp

Okay bep35 … I snagged this from my wife (it’s her recipe, not mine). I can’t give you any back story on it since she has put it together over the years. But this is what she has in her recipe folder.

Perfect app for holidays or big Mexican based dinners. If you add cornbread and black beans, it makes a great main course.

Marinade
    • 1/2 cup tequila - any decent silver is good
    • 2 tbsp EVOO
    • 1 tbsp minced garlic or 2 cloves crushed
    • 1 tbsp minced jalapeño with seeds
    • 1 tsp ground coriander
    • 1/2 tsp ground black pepper

Shrimp
    • 2 lbs peeled, deveined, medium shrimp (blue bag at costco)
    • 2 fresh limes, cut into wedges

Instructions
    • whisk together marinade
    • Put shrimp in a 1 gallon ziplock bag
    • Add marinade, squeeze air out of bag and seal
    • Refrigerate for about 45 minutes
    • Remove shrimp from bag and discard marinade
    • Season lightly with salt
    • Either thread onto skewers or use grill basket
    • grill over direct heat until shrimp are cooked through, opaque and pink
    • Remove from grill, serve with lime wedges

* Remove from grill, serve with lime wedges and tequila.

☝️ Fixed 😄

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL good fix!!!

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      * Remove from grill, serve with lime wedges and tequila and Cerveza--Spanish for PBR
      Sorry I just had to add to the "Fix" 🤣👌

Awesome! Definitely going to try this one. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Comment

Very creative take on shrimp.
      I'd like to be creative like your wife, I just don't stray far from tried and true recipes.
      Just to conservative I guess.

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        My wife is far and away the better cook. Much broader range of foods and much more willing to experiment. She has taught me, over the years, to go there.

I make these all the time goes great on salads as well.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here