Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eastern North Carolina Vinegar Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get much further away from eastern NC than Maple Valley WA and still be in the contiguous US. Hope the family likes it.

Comment

Sounds great Mike. I’m originally from Goldsboro, NC, home of Scott’s BBQ and Wilbur’s BBQ, two iconic joints that were in their prime in the 1960’s. Scott’s only makes sauce now and Wilbur’s went out of business for a while but I think some of his employees bought him out and re-opened. Wilbur’s was always a pit stop for people traveling US 70 E toward the beaches in NC.

Comment

Thought you would like to know that I made this sauce for the pulled pork at our girls’ bbq this weekend and it was a HUGE hit. 3 people asked for the recipe North Carolina Mike and I hope you are okay with me sharing it with them?

Comment

Eastern North Carolina vinegar based BBQ started here in Rocky Mount, NC by Col. Bob Melton back in the 1920's. He built the first indoor BBQ restaurant in Eastern North Carolina and it was the only one for many years. Life magazine called Mr. Melton the BBQ King of the South. Nothing like good old Eastern North Carolina BBQ!!!

Comment

ecowper asked if it was OK to share the recipe. I don't keep it secret so share it with anyone.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here