Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new current favorite is called Zombie Dust, by Three Floyd's Brewing in Indiana. It is an American Pale Ale (APA), sorta like an IPA but a little more malty than just hoppy (but still hoppy). All Citra hops.

While I'm not necessarily a fan of the artwork and so on, man, is this stuff fantastic. It may be my new best beer on earth. Seriously outstanding for what I like in a beer.

Comment

• bigmck06
      bigmck06 commented
      Editing a comment
      Zombie Dust is outstanding. I’m an IPA and Pale Ale guy and nothing has tasted as good as Zombie Dust. It’s also $14.99 a six pack around here….

I have a mental "Top 3" beer list in my head all the time. It changes when I find something good enough to replace something on the list. Currently on my list is Ommegang Brewing Three Philosophers, a blend of Belgian-style quadruple ale and authentic Belgian kriek. Next is Little Soldier, an amber ale from Ahnapee Brewing here in WI. Hale's Cream Ale is currently 3rd on my list. Honorable mention goes to Leinenkugel's Big Eddy Russian Imperial Stout, which came off the list when they killed off the Big Eddy series (R.I.P.).

Comment

Currently Busch Lite, because we're watching carbs and it's almost as low as Ultra, Miller 64, or Corona Premiere, and, I think, tastes way better than any of them. Normally, I drink a pretty wide variety.

Comment

So, asking for a favorite beer is kind of like asking for your favorite classic rock band or song. Just too many variations to pick from. There have been so many great ones mentioned above and I now have a list of many others to try...(sooo many beers and so little time..).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Brews.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1114085

I was recently up in NW PA just outside of Pittsburgh and had several of these. Are they my favorites? No, but they sure are good and I can't get them anywhere else unless I'm back up in PA. Lord Chesterfield is a kept secret, or at least used to be, of the Yuengling family of brews and for some reason, the cans seem hoppier than the bottles, go figure. As for Penn Brewery, their Pilsner is fantastic only to be out done by their Oktoberfest, of which I was not able to partake in BUT is one of my favorites.

Cheers

Comment

GoodLife Descender IPA and Buoy IPA. Good stuff out of the great northwest!

Comment

Anti-hero IPA by Revolution Brewing based out of Chicago. Hands down my favorite. I’ve traveled all over the west coast (Portland, San Diego etc) and I love a good IPA but I always come back to this. Three Floyd’s is great, love Zombie Dust and Gumball Head but it’s always Anti-Hero. In high and college we drank Old Style so that’ll always have a special place in me heart , and liver, as well. Used to be the official beer of Wrigley Field, which was made it somehow taste better. Especially since the White Sox park name at the time didn’t carry it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here