Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one that's in my hand...

Stella
    Dos XX Amber

Comment

I drink a lot of beer, so I can't just pick one. Or two. Shiner Bock is my latest go to. Sam 76 is a good lager that I have in the rotation right now. Nashville brewery Bearded Iris puts out a good IPA called Homestyle, but it is kind of pricey so I only drink it occasionally. PBR is always in the fridge. Mickeys Malt Liquor is usually around somewhere. Little Kings Cream Ale is one I grew up drinking; when I can find it I stock up. And if Oscar Blues ever brings back Blue Dream, I am going to stock up. It was a limited run of a really good IPA. And my favorite let me splurge beer is Corsendonk Abbey Brown Ale.
      Last edited by klflowers; January 6, 2021, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Ooooo Little Kings Cream Ale, I almost forgot about that one. Used to slam those puppies !!!

Asking about my favorite beer is like asking which of my kids I like best. I’ve had a lot of beers I don’t like, but never a beer style I don’t like. The best beer depends on the circumstances and the weather.

My go-to is often an IPA - lately Hazy IPAs or DIPAs. In the cold months I love a good porter or stout. In the warm months it’s hard to beat a crisp Pilsner or German Hefeweizen.

We are fortunate to have quite a few craft breweries in our valley - over a dozen, with more opening every month. One of them is less than a mile from my house, and it happens to be one of my favorites. They’ve always got a delicious hazy on tap, and right now they have a killer imperial stout that clicks in at 10.5% ABV.

Troutman Connecting to your Labatt porter...my first *legal* beer was a Labatt Blue. I was 18 and visiting Canada. Labatt has a warm place in my heart to this day...and I’m now 45.
      Last edited by Santamarina; January 6, 2021, 12:43 PM.

Comment

BEER IS GOOD

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          That made me want to jump into a mosh pit...with a BEER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a huge beer drinker. I like beer, just would rather drink wine and bourbon. When I do drink beer, I am very boring and will gravitate towards Miller Lite....

Comment

Dinner Double IPA by Maine Beer Company.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Fancy

Back in the day when I was swilling..........

Click image for larger version

Name:	images-1.jpeg
Views:	284
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	969560

If I ever go back this will be the first one I have. So goooooood.

Comment

There's always Pliny the Younger and Elder. I like Paulaner Oktoberfest Märzen, Sierra Nevada Pale, Anchor Steam, Barley Brown's Pallet Jack. Anything from Samuel Smith Old Brewery such as their Oatmeal Stout. Anything from Hopworks Urban Brewery. Another great local brewery is Breakside which makes great beer and brews a ton of variety. With so many styles and so many beers, it's hard to have a favorite. Fortunately, we don't have to.

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Paulaner is good stuff. Hasn't it been brewed since like 1382?

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Troutman 1634 I believe. I have a German beer pub in town that I love. There's nothing like a liter of imported German beer on draft on a sunny day. As a bonus, they have a top-notch food cart pod beside the building. They happen to have a hell of a BBQ cart there too there's always a line for MAtt's BBQ.

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              So I was off by 252 years !!! Good guess !!

Peroni. Very simple.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
              ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
              Editing a comment
              I love Peroni on draft, just can't seem to like it in a bottle

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't know it but if you send me some I'll try it and let you know

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Can't say I'm a fan but if you get it cold enough I would probably drink it.

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA without a doubt!

Comment

Newcastle Brown Ale

Comment

PBR, taste, and price, when I drink beer.
                I also unjoy Sessions Black, a black lager. Got introduced to it at Sams Cafe at Seaside Oregon. This pairs well with popcorn chicken there. But alas, they stopped carrying Sessions Black.
                Last edited by bbqLuv; January 6, 2021, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Troutman
                  Troutman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  PBR, PBR, PBR, WSM, WSM......I'm so confused...

• SheilaAnn
                  SheilaAnn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I didn’t know sessions had a black!

I don’t really have one, I like anything that’s good... with the exception of American adjunct lagers, and farmhouse ales. Everything else, pour me a beer!

(If I had to pick just one, it would be Edmund Fitzgerald Porter from Great Lakes Brewing.)

Comment

I have two favorites, New Belgium Fat Tire and Firestone DBA. Sadly I no longer have access to the DBA (they don't distribute it to my area of MA).

Comment

• Troutman
                    Troutman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've had the Fat Tire, not bad.

Does everyone know that beer explains everything? Got this one from my former broker, thought I'd share.

THE TAX SYSTEM EXPLAINED IN BEER

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100...If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this..

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
                  The fifth would pay $1.
                  The sixth would pay $3.
                  The seventh would pay $7.
                  The eighth would pay $12.
                  The ninth would pay $18.
                  The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.

So, that's what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve ball. "Since you are all such good customers," he said, "I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20." Drinks for the ten men would now cost just $80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes. So the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men? The paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his fair share?

They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer.

So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by a higher percentage. They decided to follow the principle of the tax system they had been using, and he proceeded to work out the amounts he suggested that each should now pay.

And so the fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% saving).

The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33% saving).
                  The seventh now paid $5 instead of $7 (28% saving).
                  The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% saving).
                  The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% saving).
                  The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% saving).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But, once outside the bar, the men began to compare their savings.

"I only got a dollar out of the $20 saving," declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man, " but he got $10!"

"Yeah, that's right," exclaimed the fifth man. "I only saved a dollar too. It's unfair that he got ten times more benefit than me!"

"That's true!" shouted the seventh man. "Why should he get $10 back, when I got only $2? The wealthy get all the breaks!"

"Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison, "we didn't get anything at all. This new tax system exploits the poor!"

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had their beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and government ministers, is how our tax system works. The people who already pay the highest taxes will naturally get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas, where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.

For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here