Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MN BBQ Class!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't yet got a place to sleep for Friday night. I'm going to hold off for a bit longer to see what happens today and tomorrow before making hotel reservations.

The storm predictions are improving as time goes on -- looks like snow predictions for the Mpls-St Paul area are not as dire now as they were a day or so ago. That said, I dread the thought of driving up Highway 52 on ice or snow pack.

Comment

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember sitting in the ditch on 52 one snowy night thinking I just should have stayed home in Rochester. Be safe.

• IowaGirl
      IowaGirl commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the words of wisdom, Donw. Sounds like you've done this trip many times. Hwy 52 is a nice road, but those long stretches along the ridge tops and the open flat land can get real interesting in bad weather.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      They will have it cleaned up by then. The plows are out right now, in full force. MNDOT does a hell of a job in these storms. Donw IowaGirl

The snow is flying up here, we are getting about an inch an hour right now!

FEAR NOT MY BBQ BRETHREN AND SISTEREN....THE SMOKE WILL ROLL ON SATURDAY!!!!!

I can't wait to see everyone on Saturday.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      We're getting some of that nonsense tomorrow. Right now it's 46 & half sunny.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, it was 65 F here on Monday. Good thing is, this is the last of it for the year and it will be gone in a few days. So.....what the heck! Huskee

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Woke up to somewhere around 2" inches here this morning, just enough to cover the grass.

Every person I've seen this morning has asked if I'm still headed to Minnesota for the class this weekend...quickly followed up by when the cooking demonstration is going to be held, so apparently I will need to "prove" that I took the class this weekend. I don't think photos of being there is going to cut it. Looking forward to seeing you all in a few days!

Comment

• Skip
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll take your picture with Meathead-------that will fix 'em. Your Friends will be crying in their canned Chicken Noodle Soup!

I'm not looking at the Minnesota road reports ... https://hb.511mn.org/mnlb/main.jsf?v...e&current=true ... until tomorrow. There's no point in borrowing trouble today that might not be there tomorrow. Just sayin'.....

Comment

• skipsdaughter
      skipsdaughter commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not quite sure where you are located, but if you head over to 35 and head up, instead of going through Rochester, the roads are usually a little bit better. From Cedar Rapids, it is the same amount of time, regardless of route.

• IowaGirl
      IowaGirl commented
      Editing a comment
      Going the I35 route adds an hour to the usual 3 1/2 hours for me. I've done it, but the Rochester route is way faster. I peeked at the MN DOT road report just now. Roads are looking a LOT better now and I'm sure they will be better yet by tomorrow.

• DoubleUpOrQuit
      DoubleUpOrQuit commented
      Editing a comment
      Be safe. Hope to see you tomorrow.

I'll be wearing my MN In May BBQ blue sweatshirt tomorrow since it'll be chilly out. Hope to meet you all in person.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking forward to it!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Great to meat you Phil!

Looking forward to seeing everyone and eating some BBQ!

Comment

Damn this would be cool to attend..

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        We would love to have you,. LOL, hell you make it from Norway, you can stay at my house!

• Elton's BBQ
        Elton's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven't been in Minnesota since 2008 so i would love to come over again, so i'll keep that in mind Spinaker

Had to duck out to get this posted! Look who I found by the carving table.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	1344EC65-CE87-4931-8E1B-F5F10E6596A5.jpeg
Views:	272
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	663756

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
        Elton's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool!

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Who’s the little guy?

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL, I was waiting for your comment. FireMan

It was great meeting everyone who attended today. What a cool experience! Will have to do it again next year. May you all have great summers with lots of BBQ ahead.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Great to meat you Phil!

That was a great class .. Meathead might be a better speaker than author!! Damn he had me laughing..tons of information.. and some good Q for lunch.

Comment

• Skip
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry I didn't get to talk with you!

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        Skip . I think I was three rows right behind you but in skipsdaughter profile pit her hair is up and I couldn't pick her out or I could have been more sure of who you were.. I will find ya guys next year as I have to hear what that Bob Hanson comes up with on that water atomizing idea he has!!

It was a Great Day at the UofM. Glad to meet so many of you! Sorry if I missed anyone.

Comment

I was missed on purpose.. I was three rows behind you Skip and three feet away from Spinaker .. I tend to fly low on the social radar!!

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          What?!? C’mon!! It would have been great to meet you!

• Backroadmeats
          Backroadmeats commented
          Editing a comment
          Honestly .. Spinaker I didn't realize it was you until I saw your picture with meathead.. you are alot taller than you look in your profile picture..I was sitting on the very top row right by the doors we went out to eat.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh got you. Well, next year, make sure to say Hi! Let me know when you shop opens too, so I can stop in and bug you for some chops!

What a great day at the MN BBQ Society event today. Thank you Meathead for taking time to share your wisdom and comedy, it was great meeting you. It was also great meeting Spinaker and SteinerBBQ in person and seeing Skip and skipsdaughter again. Cheers to all! Till next time.

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Great talking with you Craig!

I had the pleasure of meeting Spinaker SteinerBBQ Skip and skipsdaughter and chatting with Meathead for a moment although I didn't introduce myself to him. I would have loved to meet the rest of you AR folks too. My first year at Spring Training and I enjoyed it immensely. Some pics of the event and one of me --

Himself --

Name:	20190413_130403 800.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	664353

My favorite slide from Meathead's presentation --

Name:	20190413_140313 800.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	664354

Lunch -- I didn't have the pulled pork, but I hear it was good!

Name:	20190413_122310 800.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	664352

Me --

Name:	20190413_194600 800.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	664355

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Use the one from above!

• IowaGirl
          IowaGirl commented
          Editing a comment
          Good suggestion, Spinaker. Done!

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool avatar, Sister!
          Th flower was nice enough, to be sure, but seein yer smilin face is even more refreshin, Milady...

Thanks fer th great pics an writeup, Sister! IowaGirl

Comment

• IowaGirl
          IowaGirl commented
          Editing a comment
          Some folks heaped their plates full at lunch, and I was sure tempted to go back for a bite more. But I got a nice taste without eating so much I'd be sleepy for the afternoon presentations.

Spinaker (see the next post) is right about Joe the knife guy -- very useful and helpful. Joe had several tips -- one was about knives with a "reverse" serration pattern. Here's an example at the Eversharp store where Joe works -- https://www.eversharpknives.com/prod...knife-classic/
          Last edited by IowaGirl; April 14, 2019, 11:33 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here