Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MN BBQ Class!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I joined the society a little ways back as well. I'm attending their KCBS judges course in March and this one. See some of you there.

Comment

Originally posted by GourmandPhil View Post
    I joined the society a little ways back as well. I'm attending their KCBS judges course in March and this one. See some of you there.
    I will be there for sure. Hopefully, we can get a few more people to join us. Skip and I went last year and it was a blast. I KNOW there will be a few more there than just us.

I look forward to meeting you in person!

I hope you guys read the fine print at the bottom, to see who our key note speaker is............ Danjohnston949 and SteinerBBQ

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just Bring Enough for About 3 Tabs‼️ We Can Make More News Than A Super Bowl‼️ Note: I've Never Been "IN JAIL", But It Ain't My Fault❓
      I'm Look'n Forward To Meeting You, John and the Rest of the MN BBQ Gentry In Person‼️ 👍👍👍👍👍 🤗😇🤗 👍👍👍👍👍‼️
      From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker, Is It True❓ The Great One❗️ The Fearless Leader of Amazing Ribs.Com, Hedonist, Author of World Famous BBQ Science Books WILL BE THERE❓❓ Forget Your Checkbook We'll Sign The
      Tab To @Meathead‼️❓‼️ 👍👍👍👍👍 🤗😇🤗
      Now I'm Excited❓❗️❓ Dan
      Last edited by Danjohnston949; February 3, 2018, 11:30 AM.

Cool, excited to meet everyone on here attending!

From the event page

Here's a tentative plan for Spring Training:

Open meat lab for all presenters, exhibitors, personnel, etc.

Registration Table Open--MNBBQ Society

Tour groups through meat lab

Introductions and Logistics
    "The Science of Meat”--Dr Ryan Cox

Break and Vendor Visits

Presentation: "Competition Teams: Flavor/Sensory –U of M

"Cooking with Smokers, Spices For Compaction Flavor”

Barbeque Showcase (Lunch)--MN BBQ Society. and Vendor Visits

Presentation: "Meathead" "Old Husband's Tales, Barbecue Myths That Deserve to Die"

Sponsors & Vendors Presentation

Break and Vendor Visits

" Choosing the right Knife, What need for maintenances on my knife"--Tom Jensen, Ever Sharp Knives

"Sausage Fundamentals"--U of M

Wrap-Up and Evaluations & Adjourn

Meat Lab Salesroom open for sales of meat products

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      SteinerBBQ, Thanks for Posting This Schedule for the MNBBQSOCIETY SPRING TRAINING SESSION‼️ I Look Forward
      to Meeting You, Spinaker, Meathead, and the Rest of the "PIT CLUB" Members Who Attend‼️

I Recieved the Attached Pic of eMail I Recieved From The MNBBQSOCIETY YESTERDAY❗️ With the Details of the Upcoming Spring Training Session, 14 April 2018 at the U of M in Saint Paul MN❗️ I Have Heard Through the " GrapeVine" Spinaker that Meathead Will be a Featured Speaker❓❗️❓ I Hope So❗️

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	219.3 KB ID:	458422
    Last edited by Danjohnston949; February 22, 2018, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha, to be clear I am NOT the key note with MH. MH is the key note. I paid to sit in the crowd.

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker, You Will Be Featured on the Daiz When I Get Done‼️
      🤗😇🤗 👍👍👍👍👍 🤗😇🤗
      From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan TEE HEE HEE 😀😃😄

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL! Danjohnston949

Happy Friday. I've never attended anything like this before, it sure sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday. I'm looking forward to it. See you there!

Comment

• DoubleUpOrQuit
      DoubleUpOrQuit commented
      Editing a comment
      All signed up and confirmed. I'm ready to do some learning.

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good Morn'n, Spinaker, I'm Surprised You're Up Already John‼️ I'm
      Thinking I'm Going to Bring Eunice❓ She Is Going to Have to Promise
      to Behave If I Do‼️ Dan

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      2-days to go! Looking forward to meeting you in person!

I Recieved the Attached eMail from John Scharffbillig with the MNBBQSOCIETY regarding My Inquiry on How
    Much It Would Cost for Eunice to Attend the Spring Training Class With Me❓ Full Price and You Can't Blame
    Them‼️ They are Nearly Sold Out and the Class isn't Until 14 April 2018‼️

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	221
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	460562

Comment

Two days to go! Hopefully the weather won't prevent Meathead from speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by GourmandPhil View Post
        Two days to go! Hopefully the weather won't prevent Meathead from speaking.
        Nah! That won't happen, as long as his flight gets in okay, Friday. Everything seminar related is inside. The food is served outside, but last year, we ate in the auditorium. It is a great set up.

Looking forward to meeting up with you in person!

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post

Nah! That won't happen, as long as his flight gets in okay, Friday. Everything seminar related is inside. The food is served outside, but last year, we ate in the auditorium. It is a great set up.

Looking forward to meeting up with you in person!
        Likewise. I'll be wearing my black Amazing Ribs shirt, so hopefully I'll be easy to find. You are right on the setup, I was there last month to get KCBS Judge certified and really liked how it was laid out.

Comment

You guys just get the cancellation notice? I'm really bummed.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            So Am I❗️CUDO'S to John Scharffbillig and THE MNBBQSOCIETY for
            A Show of UnCommon GOOD SENCE‼️

Damnit! They cancelled it

Comment

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            See My Comment Above❗️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Wonder if they will reschedule?

Comment

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            FireMan, Yes, According to An eMail Frm John Scharffbillig ❗️ Dan

Yeah, I am really bummed. I was looking forward to this weekend for months. It would have been great to meet everyone in person. I was under the impression that BBQ was a rain, snow, shine type of deal, especially in Minnesota. SteinerBBQ DoubleUpOrQuit Danjohnston949

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Some folks are surely flying in, wouldn't be much fun to get stuck at an airport, or worse. Stupid never ending winter 2018...

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            Spinaker , Huskee , It's Uncommon For Assn's or Universities to Demonstrate This Kind of Good Old Common Sense, IMLTHOP‼️
            Besides John You Wii Now Have Extra Time Practicing How to Give "ME"
            the Defference I Deserve‼️ 😇 😇 😇 😇 😇 , Dan

Glad to see they were able to reschedule, but unfortunate it's over Memorial Day weekend when I'm out of town. Hope some of you get to check it out.

Comment

• DoubleUpOrQuit
            DoubleUpOrQuit commented
            Editing a comment
            Also unfortunate Meathead won't be there. I was really looking forward to the event, so I'm still going to plan on attending.

SteinerBBQ, DoubleUpOrQuit ❗️ I Haven't Commited As of Yet, I Have Lot's of Balls in The Air❗️ But I Will be There If At All Possible❗️ The Regretable Cancelation of Meathead is Not a Deal Breaker For Me As I Had Signed Up Prior To Knowing He Was On The Schedule‼️
          Last edited by Danjohnston949; April 18, 2018, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here