Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MN BBQ Class!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to meeting everyone! Really nice to see Meathead is the keynote (again). Hopefully Mother Nature plays nice this time.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking forward to it Phil!

i tried to go last year but it was full by the time i registered. this year my kid is due in early march so unless it's in april i doubt i will be able to make it one of these years!

Comment

• DoubleUpOrQuit
      DoubleUpOrQuit commented
      Editing a comment
      You're in luck, it's 4/13. Bring the new baby along, it's a family friendly event

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes!!!!! All the way from MAD-TOWN!!

I'm checking on a couple other things at work right now, but might make the trip up again this year! It was really informative and fun last year!

Comment

I am booked! Can't wait to see everyone!

Comment

Dang it! Tough for me to get out of the office prior to April 15 so I guess I won't be able to make it. Hope you all have a great time!

Comment

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          From one tax man to another, just file extensions and worry about it later.

Signed up today. Looking forward to the fun on April 13th!

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome! Looking forward to meeting you!

• DoubleUpOrQuit
          DoubleUpOrQuit commented
          Editing a comment
          Great! I second Spinaker.

I already can't wait for the lunch!!!! Skip knows what's up there!

Comment

• Skip
          Skip commented
          Editing a comment
          I think we'll eat VERY well!

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahaha, we always do! Skip If you don't, its your own fault!

I'm signed up as well -- looks like it's becoming the Minnesota--Iowa (hopefully Wisconsin and North Dakota) meat up!

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking forward to meeting you! Especially since I have had dinner at your parent's house a few times! LOL.

This is going to be great! We have a pretty solid group going this year! I hope even more can join us. This will be so great to meet more some AR folks in person. I know Meathead will be pumped to see some of his loyal followers as well!

Comment

• SteinerBBQ
          SteinerBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Is everyone planning on wearing their AR gear if they have some?

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          I would but mine is now waaaay to big. I might have to re up before the session! SteinerBBQ

• Skip
          Skip commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes SteinerBBQ I will wear my shirt!

He MN folks, I will be speaking at the Minnesota BBQ Society Spring Training event on 4/13. PLEASE say hello. Bring copies of your book for me to sign. More info here http://mnbbqsociety.com/classes/?post=9846

Comment

• Skip
          Skip commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking forward to it!

• DoubleUpOrQuit
          DoubleUpOrQuit commented
          Editing a comment
          It will be a really fun day. See you there.

The Big Day is just a week away!

I know people who've attended in the past probably know to just show up at the Meat Lab at 7:30 and all will be well. I know the reservation confirmation said more info to follow. I know I should just be patient for a few days more.

All that said, I confess I'm getting curious about the days events and activities and wondering about the best places to park on campus.

edit: Any recommendations for a hotel? Someplace clean with a decent bed.
        Last edited by IowaGirl; April 6, 2019, 10:17 AM.

Comment

IowaGirl I got an email this evening with a few more details. Not sure on a hotel.

Comment

• IowaGirl
            IowaGirl commented
            Editing a comment
            I got the email tonight as well. There are several places to stay within 10-15 minutes that look pretty decent.

I sure am glad the expected snowstorm is Wednesday and Thursday and not Friday on this year. Expected to be worse than last year with up to 20 inches. Hopefully it won't impact the event.

Comment

Oh, dear. You WOULD have to bring that up.

Comment

I am getting pumped to see everyone! Let's not let Snowmagedon stop us this year!

Comment

• DoubleUpOrQuit
                DoubleUpOrQuit commented
                Editing a comment
                Agreed, on all accounts. See you on Saturday!

• Skip
                Skip commented
                Editing a comment
                Looking forward to the Big Day and wearing my AR Shirt!

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes! But mine doesn't fit anymore! Too Big! Skip

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here